Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 12, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 15, 07, 8:04 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold
crossed 1 mil from SLC to DFW last night!

Summary Date: Nov 2007

Program to Date Miles: 1,000,436
Old Nov 15, 07, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by mlgagne View Post
crossed 1 mil from SLC to DFW last night!

Program to Date Miles: 1,000,436
Congratulations! Not so much for hitting 1MM but more for your flight posting so promptly. That's got to be some sort of record.
Old Nov 15, 07, 9:49 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold
just crossed 1 mil. How long did it take you to get the gold status? I am flying out in 2 weeks. Should I get it by then?

Thanks....
Old Nov 15, 07, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by mlgagne View Post
just crossed 1 mil. How long did it take you to get the gold status? I am flying out in 2 weeks. Should I get it by then?

Thanks....
Your status should update on aa.com well before your next flight, but you probably won't receive your package, which will include your new membership card, by then.
Old Nov 15, 07, 10:32 am

Programs: My views are strictly my own and do not reflect the views of any company.
Wink

Originally Posted by steve32 View Post
I agree. My "celebration" occured in released anticipation and over the lunch I was sharing with a friend for the projected transaction that put me over the hump. (And he offered to join me for lunch, offering to pay me cash so I could put it all on my CC for the miles, even though he chuckles at my focus on that; though the real reason for his asking to join me was to go over coordinating ourselves for me to help him work on his sailboat, winching his butt to the top of his mast).

My disappointment is directed more at the fact that American Airlines/ AAdvantage Marketing doesn't look like they are trying very hard in their customer service role. It doesn't take much to spruce up the language of a congradulatory e-mail when you have an entire department that is supposed to be dedicated to that kind of thing. They have been at it for 26 years now, and that's the best they can come up with?

Yes, the milestone is not as exceptional as it was in the 80's, but I'll bet they said it better back then. Why should they pare it down all the way to what it is now?

I want AA/AAdvantage to do well enough to be able to enjoy my lifetime benefits for a long lifetime. Their apparant lack of enthusiasm doesn't inspire a lot of enthusiasm from their customers, which is contrary to that goal which we should be sharing.

Just sharing my thoughts. Please do so too.

Steve

I'm so curious now that I found this thread..what would you like that letter to say?
Old Nov 15, 07, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma View Post
Congratulations! Not so much for hitting 1MM but more for your flight posting so promptly. That's got to be some sort of record.
I would say this comes from his own calculator not the current count on aa.com
Old Nov 15, 07, 11:45 am

Just made it to 1M!

Program to Date Miles: 1,005,136

Last Activity Date: 11/12/07

On to the next Million!
Old Nov 15, 07, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
I would say this comes from his own calculator not the current count on aa.com
You think?
Old Nov 15, 07, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
The AAngel said that AA thinks about a policy change and rising up the miles levels for this perk of lifetime membership, probably at the end of the year.

I asked if there is any communication about this. She said since it was never official that AA offers Lifetime Membership so nothing will be published.

That doesn't sound good. I'm glad I just passed 1MM and am at least GLD for the life of the GLD program. I was hoping to get Lifetime PLT before they changed the rules. Hopefully they won't bump it up too far beyond 2MM.
Old Nov 15, 07, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by trinity_in_texas View Post
I'm so curious now that I found this thread..what would you like that letter to say?
It should be a talking pop-up greeting card with Dr. Evil,

"One MEEEELLLIION miles"
Old Nov 15, 07, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BA EC Blue, UA Premier, HH Diamond VIP, Hyatt Platinum
Made EXP on 11/11: 100,160
Lifetime miles: 1,900,478
Only 99,000 to go to 2 million and PLATINUM for Life! Woo hoo!
Old Nov 17, 07, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Program to Date Miles: 1,000,845

YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 31,455

YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 50,508

Plat could be wasted next year as I'll be burning lots of miles on trips in F and J and the only OW miles earning flights will be on QF in J.

Spike
Old Nov 17, 07, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
JDiver told me that the 2nd million comes faster and easier than the 1st one. That is the case for me. Although I think I will make it by 10/10/10 if I stay on my current pace, it is very nice to see the number of lifetime miles I have growing almost every day.

Remember we are in AA eshopping Double Miles season!

Also for those of you in the DFW area, shop Tom Thumb for AA miles posted to your account every time you spend $250 (not including beer, wine and cigarettes).

Good luck to all!
Old Nov 17, 07, 12:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Just made my gold million after changing from WP about 3.5 years ago.

Will make EXP for the 3rd year in a row sometime in the next month all as a leisure traveler. Just have to decide where to go for the qualifying miles.

So many places - so little time.
Old Nov 22, 07, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Mileage Summary

Program to Date Miles: 1,000,013

YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 99,805

YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 102,318

YTD Elite Qualifying Segments: 91

Thanks FTers!

I just made it official today!!

Search this Thread