Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
The second million was a lot easier for some reason. But I really needed to focus. I have to thank Marriott too because I used quite a few Marriott points that I converted to AA miles before they stopped allowing AA rewards.

Good luck. I'm sure you will make it too.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: EXP- finally
data point

02/04/11 FIDELITY MILES 50,000 0 50,000
took 3 months and three phone calls, probably not worth it, Citi cards for 100,000 and AAdvantageeshopping seem more reliable. However it did put her over the top.

Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 04:51 PM
Subject: Mrs. Tugokc, You've Reached a Major Milestone in the AAdvantage Program...
Congratulations on earning 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles! blah blah

as others have noted, thank you FT, and we anticipate the second million will happen much quicker.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Update to my posts of #1489 1/10/2011 and #1514 1/14/2011 (been traveling, surprise).
Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie

1/3/11 - Miles crossing 1MM posted
1/11/11 - 8 - 500 Mile upgrades posted (dated 1/10/2011)
1/13/11 – Congratulatory email received from AAdvantage
1/27/11 - Thanks a Million Package received (Letter, Million Mile card, 2 luggage tags, 8 Applause certificates and the all important mention of AAdvantage Gold membership for the life of the program)

Pics of the package:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...kage-small.jpg

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...kage-small.jpg

The text of the package:

"Dear xxx,

When an AAdvantage member has the distinction of earning 1,000,000 total program miles, it is our pleasure to celebrate that achievement. Congratulations on becoming our newest Million Miler. We are sure you will enjoy being a member of this privileged group.

Enclosed is your new membership card, with its distinctive Million Miler emblem. Please take a moment to substitute it for your current card. We also hope you will proudly display the enclosed luggage tags as an indication of just how far you have come in our program. If you wish to purchase extras, you may order them online at aa.com/luggagetags.

As another reward for attaining Million Miler status, eight 500-mile upgrades have been deposited into your account. Please enjoy these upgrades with our compliments. If you a refresher on your upgrade privileges or any other elite benefits, your Benefits Guide is available online at AA.com. Or visit aa.com/eleitebenefits for a quick overview.

Another benefit of being a Million Miler is vested AAdvantage Gold membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold program. In future membership years, you will enjoy no less than AAdvantage Gold status regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher elite level, then you will be recognized accordingly.

Please use the enclosed recognition certificates to express your thanks when an American Airlines or American Eagle employee goes the extra mile for you. Our people strive to make a difference when you fly and they will be honored to know you value their efforts.

The special recognition and benefits we offer our Million Milers is our way of saying thank you for all of your business and loyalty. In fact, thanks a million!

Best wishes,

xxx
President
AAdvantage Loyalty Program

P.S. It’s now even more rewarding to be an elite status member – you are now exempt from Award Processing Charges for travel ticketed within 21 days of departure when using miles from your AAdvantage account!”

So there is the relief of Lifetime Gold I was anxious about although the Platinum was only good through 2/2011 (the 8 500 upgrades had already been used by the time I got the package ).

I noted in my original post that I ended the year at 49890 EQM, and today my new Platinum card good through 2/2012 arrived! So the PLT roundup is still alive (thank goodness).

That package started:

“Dear xxx,

Sometimes you need a little boost to get where you belong. That’s why I’m delighted to extend your current AAdvantage Platinum membership through February 29, 2012”.

Thanks AA!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
My Aadvantage account online FINALLY shows GOLD.
Yay!
Uphgrades don't show yet nor did I get a welcome Email.
I finally made it. It took long enough.
Thanks FT for all your help in getting to one million miles.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie
Update to my posts of #1489 1/10/2011 and #1514 1/14/2011 (been traveling, surprise).

1/27/11 - Thanks a Million Package received (Letter, Million Mile card, 2 luggage tags, 8 Applause certificates and the all important mention of AAdvantage Gold membership for the life of the program)
Hmmm, your time line of the achievement and the posting of stickers is almost identical to husband's. However his package has not yet arrived yet yours came within 2 weeks after email arrived.

Looks like we would need to wait till March to follow up.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:28 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
I am only 9k away from 2 MM. Trying to plan this milestone moment. What would be best place, route to achieve this? Can't remember first flight ever on AA but first award was MAD-OGG. I also thought about arriving in DFW or MIA hub or celebrating with drink in a Admirals Club (of course would need to be on intl itinerary as currently Platinum)

I don't know, maybe I am just a hopeless romantic like George Clooney in Up In the Air.

Also, if anyone has extra 10% off NY code, please pm.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by idealflyer
I am only 9k away from 2 MM. Trying to plan this milestone moment. What would be best place, route to achieve this? Can't remember first flight ever on AA but first award was MAD-OGG. I also thought about arriving in DFW or MIA hub or celebrating with drink in a Admirals Club (of course would need to be on intl itinerary as currently Platinum)

I don't know, maybe I am just a hopeless romantic like George Clooney in Up In the Air.

Also, if anyone has extra 10% off NY code, please pm.
I'd say anything that gets you over 1MM with the lowest CPM is a good choice. I can be a hopeless romantic too, but this is just about the numbers
Old Feb 21, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
I am officially a 2 MM Platinum for life!!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
Congrats!

Why no option of CC spend? Between Citi and Amex SPG, you can make something work?
Well, we have a TD AA Visa card in Canada but that's it. The German Citi AA Visa has been suspended.

On a sidenote, I have not yet heard from AA regarding my MM status at all.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well, we have a TD AA Visa card in Canada but that's it. The German Citi AA Visa has been suspended.

On a sidenote, I have not yet heard from AA regarding my MM status at all.
When did you hit MM?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: aa exp, spg plat, HH gold
I hit 2 million last Tuesday. So far I haven't heard anything and the upgrades are not yet posted, but it has only been a week.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well, we have a TD AA Visa card in Canada but that's it.
Umm, no, that's not it. We also have the SPG Amex (1 AA/$, 1.25x if transferred in 20K increments) and RBC Avion (1 AA/$, with expected occasional 1.25x promos).
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
I just crossed 2MM on 2/16. The 4 SWUs posted on 2/21, and I received the congratulatory email today 2/23. I'll post when I receive the packet w/ luggage tags and updated membership card.

Thanks to FT, I went from 1MM to 2MM in 2 years!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, DL PLT, SQ Gold
1MM 3 weeks ago and nothing...

Hello All,
Got to 1MM on Feb 6 and still no word from AA
Maybe it has to do with my International Address? I am at 1,050,000 and nothing yet...
Has anybody experienced such a long wait in getting recognized?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
I reached the 1MM level on Feb. 12. My upgrades were posted on Feb. 21 and today (Feb. 23) I received the congratulatory email.
I'll post again when I get my package in the mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.