Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 12, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 12, 11, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Originally Posted by bdemaria View Post
My advice would be not to worry to much. I passed the 2MM mark on Christmas, had my SWUs by about 12/28 and rec'd my card, luggage tags, etc.. earlier this week.
I passed 1MM on 12/13/2010. Got 8 500 miles upgrade on 12/20/2010. No email, card, and luggage tag yet. Should I call?

Thanks
Old Jan 12, 11, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malcolmkettering View Post
Did you ever call AA during those 3 months to see what was taking so long? I only ask because I'm expecting to cross 2MM in early February (am currently GLD) and then will be traveling internationally in early March. I would certainly want to have my new PLT card by then so I can get lounge access no matter which dragons may be in my way. The rest of the 'welcome' can wait. I was planning to call them after the miles posted to try to at least expedite getting the PLT card to me. It would be about 5 weeks from qualification to first flight, which seems reasonable to me. Anyone have any advice?
I'm not sure you need a plastic card at all. What you do need is to have Platinum status in the system in time for it to print that on your boarding pass. Since PLT get lounge access only on days they're flying internationally, your PLT card alone, even if you had it, would do no good (until/unless they checked your account and verified you were indeed flying internationally that day). OTOH, your boarding pass proves your PLT and proves you're flying internationally all at the same time.

Are there really documented (recent) cases of Dragons requiring a card even though it says Platinum (and/or the equivalent OW status*) on the boarding pass?

*On recent boarding passes, I notice the OW status is spelled out in big type, the AA status is abbreviated in tiny type, and then AA status is sometimes spelled out fully in giant type as a diagonal watermarkish thing but other times not there that way at all.
Old Jan 12, 11, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yuchung5 View Post
I passed 1MM on 12/13/2010. Got 8 500 miles upgrade on 12/20/2010. No email, card, and luggage tag yet. Should I call?

Thanks
I'd give it a bit more time before calling. I only received my tags last week for crossing 1MM around the same time.
Old Jan 12, 11, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BabyRitty View Post
Just got off my FLL to DFW flight and made the 1MM Club!!!!! Upon my arrival GA's had balloons and champagne waiting for me (just kidding). It feels good! Waiting for my next flight to LAS to begin trek to 2MM.
I suspect (and personally hope) the 2nd 1MM comes easier than the first. Congrats on your accomplishment!
Old Jan 12, 11, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
As it is now unusual for AA to send out things to us in the mail, verify that the address you have in your record is accurate and valid.

I checked mine and one whole line of the address was scrunched up and made little sense. Do check.

I also would not hesitate to telephone or email to ask about missing miles and status. Not a good time to be quiet.

Last edited by oldpenny16; Jan 12, 11 at 7:20 pm
Old Jan 13, 11, 3:53 pm

I'm just a few weeks away from passing the 1 million mile mark (need last 50k from spending on Citicard). Thank you, Citi.

Now I'm going to try and get my Dad over the 1 million mile mark. Has has roughly 775k lifetime miles now. I think it will take me 4-5 months to get him over the top (another CitiBiz card, CitiBank checking account, Fidelity bonus, and ordering some coins for him).

My Dad is from England, travels there a lot, and could easily list his sister's house in England as his address. I think the eVips would be more useful to him than the 500 mile stickers. Do you think having miles post from the activities above would raise a red flag w/ an address in England? If queried, he can say he maintains two residences. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Old Jan 13, 11, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
The email might land in your spam folder. That was what happened on mine earlier last year.

luggage tag etc come several weeks later.

On another note, husband passed his 1 Million mark on Jan 4th. His account showed Gold on Jan 10, and 8 500 milers deposited the next day. Today Jan 13 the Congrat email came. Much faster than what happened to me last year.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 13, 11 at 4:05 pm
Old Jan 13, 11, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
The email might land in your spam folder. That was what happened on mine earlier last year.

luggage tag etc come several weeks later.

On another note, husband passed his 1 Million mark on Jan 4th. His account showed Gold on Jan 10, and 8 500 milers deposited the next day. Today Jan 13 the Congrat email came. Much faster than what happened to me last year.
I always check the spam box, but I did not see anything.
Still waiting...

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 11, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by juggler451 View Post
I'm just a few weeks away from passing the 1 million mile mark (need last 50k from spending on Citicard). Thank you, Citi.

Now I'm going to try and get my Dad over the 1 million mile mark. Has has roughly 775k lifetime miles now. I think it will take me 4-5 months to get him over the top (another CitiBiz card, CitiBank checking account, Fidelity bonus, and ordering some coins for him).

My Dad is from England, travels there a lot, and could easily list his sister's house in England as his address. I think the eVips would be more useful to him than the 500 mile stickers. Do you think having miles post from the activities above would raise a red flag w/ an address in England? If queried, he can say he maintains two residences. Your thoughts are appreciated.
I think you're asking for problems.

The eVIPs should be more valuable to anyone, really, so I think they take a pretty strict line on this. And if all of his RTs start and end in the US . . .
Old Jan 14, 11, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM

Thanks
I crossed 1MM on 26 December. I received my SWUs, but no email or letter. I emailed AA and they replied:

"We are truly sorry for the delay you have encountered in receiving any
acknowledgement of your Million Miler status. In the first few months of
the year, we routinely suspend delivery of these recognition packages so
as not to interfere with other AAdvantage elite mailings that are timed
to the March 1 start of our AAdvantage elite membership year. We
generally resume Million Miler account updates around the middle of
March, and members receive their recognition a few weeks after that.

We appreciate your understanding and truly hope you agree that it's
worth the wait!"

So, it looks as it we have to wait.
Old Jan 14, 11, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by jlsw7 View Post
I crossed 1MM on 26 December. I received my SWUs, but no email or letter. I emailed AA and they replied:

worth the wait!"

Wow - never heard of that one before!
Old Jan 14, 11, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Never heard of it either. Just plain weird!
Old Jan 14, 11, 10:38 am

worth the wait!"

I don't want to wait.
I am only to be EXP for another 6 weeks and I want my EXP card shows 1MM status.
I know that most of the people are EXP and you might think this is a weird request. But this might be the last time I have EXP status.
Old Jan 14, 11, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

worth the wait!"

Actually, it makes a lot of sense to me. In the year when I crossed 1MM, I received what seemed like an endless supply of cards for a while. I think I crossed 1MM at just the right time that I got a new card showing 1MM, and my old status (which was good through Feb), and then a new card just a week or two later showing my new status (Mar onward) which didn't show the 1MM (because I guess it was prepared in advance), and then yet another new card (also Mar onward) shortly after that which did show the 1MM! (And I already had Platinum status, so in no case did leaving off or adding 1MM change my status.

I only care about the timing of the MM status if it's higher than the status I would already have. Plus I care about the timing of the deposit of whatever type of upgrades come with it. The rest of the stuff can come later...
Old Jan 14, 11, 12:48 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, AA PLT 1MM, UA & Alitalia Gold, Hilton Diamond, Loews PLT, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Thanks Miles4CDG, jcmitchell21, johndeere19 for the congrats.

Update to my original post of 1/10/2011.

1/3/11 - Miles crossing 1MM posted
1/11/11 - 8 - 500 Mile upgrades posted (dated 1/10/2011)
1/13/11 – Congratulatory email received from AAdvantage

Here is the text of the email:

---

"Congratulations on reaching the Million Miler level in the American Airlines AAdvantage® program!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment to celebrate. As a special thank you, in just a few weeks you will receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your Million Miler status -- plus some other rewards to help make your travel more enjoyable.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantage® miles you have earned is an indication of your support, and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage® program.

Yours truly,

XXX
President
AAdvantage® Loyalty Program

P.S. We're eager for you to receive your redesigned AAdvantage credentials -- your new card will arrive in your mailbox soon!"

---

What has me concerned is that there is no mention whatsoever of Lifetime Gold Status! Hopefully that is still outlined in the package. Will keep you updated.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: