Problem with EQPs on JAL

Old Jun 13, 07, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Problem with EQPs on JAL

My two recent JAL flights in discount economy just posted, and while they got the miles right (70% and no elite bonus) I only got .5EQP per mile.

AAdvantage customer service swore that this was correct based on the information JAL sent them for my fare class which they allege was "Z." I was actually booked in S, and there is no "Z" listed on the AA page explaining JAL fare classes.

I was finally able to explain to the rep that according to the website there are no JAL fare classes that earn less than 1 EQP/mile (prior to June 30th), and she reluctantly agreed and said she would send it back for review.

Anyone else experience this yet?

Alex

As an aside, except for this minor annoyance, the flights were actually quite nice. As soon as I called JAL and gave them my AA FF number I was able to reserve the exit row seats, and on the return redeye (777) they were able to get me an empty row of 3 seats so I could lie down
Old Jun 16, 07, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
How long did the miles/points take to post? I flew JAL in Business from SIN-NRT on April 14 and the miles still haven't posted
Old Jun 16, 07, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by nxsahraw View Post
How long did the miles/points take to post? I flew JAL in Business from SIN-NRT on April 14 and the miles still haven't posted
I sense a problem. You may want to look into that.
Old Jun 16, 07, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA CK/EXP, Hilton Diamond, FAA Private
Originally Posted by nxsahraw View Post
Make sure when you call about this, you have them look everywhere if they claim that you weren't on the flight you were actually on...

I recently had a problem with some irrops on one RT from ORD-LGA. The outbound to LGA flew fine, the return did not; however, the return posted and the outbound did not (?)

The AAgent on the phone had to dig around and because of the irrops, my outbound (not irregular) ended up "at the bottom of the list" -- hence no mileage.

It got fixed, but was weird; it was about the sixth place she looked for my name on the flight info.
Old Jun 16, 07, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by bryenz View Post
Make sure when you call about this, you have them look everywhere if they claim that you weren't on the flight you were actually on...

I recently had a problem with some irrops on one RT from ORD-LGA. The outbound to LGA flew fine, the return did not; however, the return posted and the outbound did not (?)

The AAgent on the phone had to dig around and because of the irrops, my outbound (not irregular) ended up "at the bottom of the list" -- hence no mileage.

It got fixed, but was weird; it was about the sixth place she looked for my name on the flight info.
It was a pretty regular, non-descript JAL flight. AA says they have sent the request to JAL a couple of times. In any case, I'd faxed AA a copy of my eticket and boarding pass in April so they have all the information they need.

Some OneWorld partners don't seem to be as well connected with AA as others. My flights on Cathay (and now JAL) have taken a long time to post with AA .... BA flights have generally posted within 5 days for me!!
Old Jun 16, 07, 7:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've not had problems with CX, but with the newness of the JL connection, it doesn't amaze me there might be communication problems. BA I have had problems with, and gave up with one (intra-Europe) flight; BA customer service, so called, seems to be largely absent, at least in my experience as an AA elite.
Old Jun 16, 07, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
BA customer service, so called, seems to be largely absent, at least in my experience as an AA elite.
True, true words. BA probably blames it on BAA somehow though...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: