Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Admiral Clubs kept open for delayed int'l flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Are Admiral Clubs kept open for delayed int'l flights?

I know the LAX AC stays open until the QF flight boards. However, do clubs in places like DFW, JFK or MIA stay open late if an international flight is delayed?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:10 pm
Suspended

i'm not sure about AAmericAAn, but i know that Continental (CO) doesn't keep its clubs open late. bAAsicAAlly, its rough nuts if your flight is delAAyed as far as CO is concerned.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Rough nuts?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:24 pm

Atlanta's AC does not stay open for late departures...

they kick you out...

The infamous ATL to LGA last flight of the evening (with something like a 11% OT rate when I flew them a few months ago left long after the club closed for the night.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by sts603
Are Admiral Club's kept open for delayed int'l flights?
Seriously...does anyone understand the proper use of apostrophes anymore ?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Yes, the DFW D AC is routinely kept open late for INTERNATIONAL late flights.. not sure for a flight to LGA...
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:43 pm
ak

Based on my experience, the AC in MIA Concourse D remains open for delayed international flights -- although the bar closes at the regularly scheduled time.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Yes, the DFW D AC is routinely kept open late for INTERNATIONAL late flights.. not sure for a flight to LGA...
Incorrect.

The DFW AC's are Not routinely kept open late for delayed flights whether International or Domestic. There are exceptions during larger scale irregular operations and ground stops.

LACouple
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by LACouple
Incorrect.

The DFW AC's are Not routinely kept open late for delayed flights whether International or Domestic. There are exceptions during larger scale irregular operations and ground stops.

LACouple

First of all.. it is ACs.

Secondly, My Angel in D told me that they do keep the D AC open for the flights to South America as a matter of protocol. What flight were you guys on that was delayed significantly and then you got kicked out of the AC?
Old Jun 11, 2007, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i'm not sure about AAmericAAn, but i know that Continental (CO) doesn't keep its clubs open late. bAAsicAAlly, its rough nuts if your flight is delAAyed as far as CO is concerned.
CO does keep its clubs open for delayed flights; it depends on the circumstances, and the number of flights/pax that are delayed.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 2:05 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
A bit OT, but I once had the misfortune to sleep in an ATL DL Crowne Room after irregular ops led to many pax missing connections and no hotel availability for miles. Kudos to DL for keeping the club open all night (though they did stop admitting new guests at a certain point). The only AC I've been in during a flight delay was LAX, which, as the OP mentioned, stays open until QF 108 departs. I've been there after 2 a.m. waiting for the Qantas departure.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 5:56 am

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
hearsay, but . . .

In conversations with AC staff in DFW during that spate of storms this year, two different AC staff members spoke of the AC staying open late during the messes of delays.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks

Everytime we have taken the CO red-eye from Sea- Iah and it has been delayed (up to a couple hours) they have always kept the club open till boarding.^
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
First of all.. it is ACs.

Secondly, My Angel in D told me that they do keep the D AC open for the flights to South America as a matter of protocol. What flight were you guys on that was delayed significantly and then you got kicked out of the AC?
I'm so glad someone else is sharing brp's burden, since I've resigned from the FT English Language Police. The workload is steadily increasing and the pay isn't getting any better.

I'm getting ready to quit the FT Misinformation Police as well, for the same reasons.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP. HHonors Diamond
Not international, but the AC at SFO will stay open late if the midnight-ish flights to DFW and/or ORD are significantly delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.