Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Did you do it after you had hit 5000 EQPs (threshold for a GLD challenge)? It seems to be unofficial policy to give it then if someone is on the PLT challenge.
No, it was given the day I signed up for the challenge. I did have about 1k EQPs that were 3 days out of use that couldn't be grandfathered in, but you get the right associate, they do have the power to do so.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT; DL GLD; Hertz #1; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1pRoscoe
Ask for GLD status immediately DURING your PLT challenge. I did and was given it immediately.
I wish I would have gotten that agent. The agents I talked to nearly laughed at me when I asked.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nidem
I wish I would have gotten that agent. The agents I talked to nearly laughed at me when I asked.
Flirt more. It helps if you've made them laugh a few times before hinting/asking...
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by 1pRoscoe
No, it was given the day I signed up for the challenge. I did have about 1k EQPs that were 3 days out of use that couldn't be grandfathered in, but you get the right associate, they do have the power to do so.
Did you ask for it at signup time, or did you sign up and call back? Just reading what you wrote closely, maybe too much so.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave
You asked for comped Gold during the Platinum challenge, and the agent's response was to offer the Gold challenge instead? Perhaps the agent didn't understand what you were asking... Maybe call back and ask another agent?
I told the agent, I am looking at flying about 30K miles in Jan itself and am interested in the plat challenge...Asked him if it would be possible to have Gold status in the interim, to ease the transition. He denied it and instead suggested that I go for the Gold challenge, so that I would have Gold status on 2/3 of my trip.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by Sagy
When you call to sign up for the Plt challenge, ask them to give you Gold right away. This has a better than 50/50 success rate and you have nothing to lose, if you have status on another airline, make sure you mention it before asking for the gold status right away.
Thanks for the tip (and to the previous posters as well). I am more or less without status (SPG excepted) but I will give it a try and let you know in a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.