Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by george 3
I'm beginning my second full year as EXP, last year had about 129k EQMs/119k EQPs and probably $35,000 spend for me with another $6,000 spend for family members flying with me. I think 6 r/t J class transcons, 3 r/t F to PHX, one one-way F/J to BCN. Plus two of my staff members have been flying more AA (one did a late December MR to get to Plat, the other is solid GLD), with a spend of say another $15,000. Sometimes there is a PNR tie-in to get my colleagues an upgrade when traveling with me, and perhaps that's how they track it as there is no formal AAirpass or corporate travel arrangement.
I fly and spend a good bit more, and have been EXP for a number of years, but no CK. I wonder if the difference is that AA views you as an "influencer" because of the PNR tie-in with your staff?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:52 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm beginning my second full year as EXP, last year had about 129k EQMs/119k EQPs and probably $35,000 spend for me with another $6,000 spend for family members flying with me.
That spend would get me EXP for 5-6 years. Any chance they'll make me CK for that?

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA , 3MM, CK, Marriott Titanim
hey, I am the CEO of a company where over 50 people fly AA often...mostly through AARPASS.. I am a Exec Plat and spend over 40k per year and I was turned down... not sure what it takes....
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: AA CK/EXP, Hilton Diamond, FAA Private
Originally Posted by magellan01
Hmm, called CK - they don't "give" additional SWUs for getting CK.
I also got no additional SWUs, and my "Welcome to CK" email didn't mention this as a benefit, either. I haven't gotten my packet in the mail yet, so maybe there will be some mention in there - but so far, zip.

Oddly the SWUs aren't that big of a deal to me - a good 80% of my travel is paid transcon F with the odd J thrown in on a 3-class 767.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: OW Em (AA EXP+5MM), AA CK, Delta Silver, UA 1K
Originally Posted by bryenz
I also got no additional SWUs, and my "Welcome to CK" email didn't mention this as a benefit, either. I haven't gotten my packet in the mail yet, so maybe there will be some mention in there - but so far, zip.

Oddly the SWUs aren't that big of a deal to me - a good 80% of my travel is paid transcon F with the odd J thrown in on a 3-class 767.
There are many on this forum that would LOVE to have your SWUs. I have been fortunate enough to use them to book 3 class 777s in J and move up to F. This is wonderful on an ORD-PEK, JFK-NRT, or JFK-GRU. I also use them same way on JFK-LHR, esp good for the few hours of sleep one can grab on the way over...but kind of a short trip.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 8:53 am

Hmmm . . . kind of interesting re: SWUs.

Last year's email included this language: "And as an extra benefit, we will be adding two additional one-way Systemwide Upgrades to your account (in addition to the eight you receive as an AAdvantage Executive Platinum member) to make your future travels more comfortable. "

This year's email did not.

Interestingly, I did recevied two additional SWUs in my account listed as "Complimentary" this year as well as last.

No idea what is going on.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by anabolism
I fly and spend a good bit more, and have been EXP for a number of years, but no CK. I wonder if the difference is that AA views you as an "influencer" because of the PNR tie-in with your staff?
You know, it could be. I had PNR tie-ins with eight people in my office (at least 20 legs if not more), three relatives, and purchased tickets with miles upgrades for my son on an international flight to GRU.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Originally Posted by brp
That spend would get me EXP for 5-6 years. Any chance they'll make me CK for that?

Cheers.
You never know, as I certainly wasn't expecting it !

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
No extra SWU's for me, I sure could use them as I mostly travel AA internationally. I wonder how do they decide, who gets them and who doesn't?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
No extra SWU's for me, I sure could use them as I mostly travel AA internationally. I wonder how do they decide, who gets them and who doesn't?
Two SWUs were deposited in my account, but it could have been from EQP over 125k. I was struggling with tracking with the DEQM/P promotion. Needless to say. I'm not complaining.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 9:11 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Was notified of renewal of CK on Monday and 2 complementary SWUs were deposited into my account on Wednesday. I use the SWUs to upgrade from J to F on flights to Asia, so the extra SWUs are most welcome.

I have no idea what the criteria is to be invited into CK. This is my fourth year. As a data point....I am not an "influencer". I have around 200K EQPs each year. I fly on average 8 times a year to Asia in paid J (upgrade to F with SWUs) and about ten flights in F from ORD to SFO or SNA. Plus a number of random shorter flights. So my spend is well north of $50K a year.

There is probably some secret formula used that takes into account spend and miles (perhaps through a focus on EQP). If you have over 150 EQP, your spend is probably at the $40-$50K+ level.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I just checked my account also received two SWUs. My EQPs this year were 126,000 with UA getting more business from me with almost 165,000 EQMs over there. All in, I spent about $50K on AA (excluding One World partners) and $90K on UA metal.

I am worried about the merger and therefore straddling both camps before making what I hope is the final solo airline decision in 2014.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK 2M+
I was reupped with CK again last week (no surprise, given I had 157,000 EQPs). But it still didn't snag me upgrades on my LGA-MIA-LGA trip last week.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:36 pm

Two SWUs were deposited in my account, but it could have been from EQP over 125k.
Getting extra SWUs for hitting 125k EQP requires that you registered for the Elite Rewards promotion last year, and then, probably this month, AA will send an email inviting you to choose two reward choices (which can be the same). One of the reward choices is extra SWUs.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by phil_flyer
I was reupped with CK again last week (no surprise, given I had 157,000 EQPs).
I've been quite close to that (north of 150k EQP) and never gotten CK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.