Community
Wiki Posts
Search

331 days for award tix, what time does AA load?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

331 days for award tix, what time does AA load?

I don't usually redeem for AA but I am looking to do so for popular March dates/Caribbean travel.

Should I call at Midnight?

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
In my recent experience, the new day was loading between 4:30 and 5:30 a.m. Eastern time. On Sundays, it has often been much later.

Good luck!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 2:11 pm

Yes, you might start by calling at midnight CENTRAL time. But don't be surprised if the inventory doesn't load until an hour or two, or even a day or two later. At least that's been my experience.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
FYI, inventory may not load 330 days out. I've seen it take a bit longer. If this happens in your case, a subscription to Expertflyer.com may be in order to alert you when availability does occur.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 4:59 am

Even though you may be trying to book immediately after AA has loaded a flight doesn't mean you will be able to book a business seat. I've noted that AA hasn't released J seats on some of their Asian flights until the day of departure. For example, we have been wait listed on the top of the list as an EXP for an outbound PVG flight from the time no one was seated in J, and now about 3 weeks out, we still have not cleared. I'm beginning to think that we might not clear, and that AA has not made any J seats available for EXP passengers using Evips.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:38 am
hm3

Programs: AA Gold, 1 mm
Originally Posted by marlin
I don't usually redeem for AA but I am looking to do so for popular March dates/Caribbean travel.

Should I call at Midnight?

Thanks
Using the new online system, I have noticed J for POS is loading as much as 10-11 days after economy. This was a surprise, but an RA confirmed that she was seeing what I was.

I don't know if this is the case for all the Caribbean, but you may want to check the online site to see when seats are becoming available.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 6:46 am
Original Poster

I only need coach. It's still better to call than to book aa.com, isn't it?
Old Apr 11, 2007, 6:50 am

Calling gives you a 2-day head start over aa.com
Old Apr 11, 2007, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you, that is what I thought.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: aadvantage
I got my carib. tickets online 329 days before RETURN travel date. The outbound were up on web, but had to wait 3 weeks for return to load. Still it worked out OK, you will have to "juggle" dates a bit or suffer the overnight stay somewhere. AA seems to be awash with these on their award flights.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:16 pm

here's my advice on what I did for "coveted" 4 Hawaii seats over Xmas. Keep checking our outbound flights on aa.com to see when they're loaded (booking a one way ticket). Get the flights you want. Then keep checking (calling up) when you think (and perhaps a day or so earlier) when your return flights will be loaded in. Have them add it to ressie. You can then pay for them on aa.com. Don't know when you're traveling but unf. we found out that some flights were loaded into system at 330 and then others got loaded in later on which would have been better suited for us (more local airport). BUT we've got our seats all set up for Xmas holiday going to 2 islands (would have loved to just do one but couldn't get return flight from LIH... 2 weeks later they added more seats into inventory but we didn't want to pay the $180 change fee then.. a bit more than our interisland flights).
Good luck with getting your award seats. It's good to know that AA still has coach seats available for peak travel without surcharges if you plan ahead.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 7:49 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Since your outbound opens up first how do you save those seats while waiting for your return flights to open up? I know this has been discussed
before but I neglected to write down the information.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:23 am

AA will be happy to put your outbound on hold for 14 days while you wait for the return to become available.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 11:03 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Thanks, I'll make a note of that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.