Aa First Ord-las 9pm

Old Mar 24, 07, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Aa First Ord-las 9pm

This is my second AA flight within a month. Never flown during off meal times. Is there a snack on this flight? UA will usually give cheese and crackers on a late departing flight to the west coast. Warm nuts???? Thanks..
Old Mar 25, 07, 7:15 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
i think that flight is listed as 'refreshment' at 9:10pm

I know the red-eye back at 11:50pm is listed also as refreshment

I got warm nuts and fresh baked cookies on the return so would assume 'refreshment' would be similar.

Most of First was asleep shortly after takeoff (except my seatmate) and I woke to the smell of cookie being passed in front of me and then fell back asleep.

AA does not do the cheese/crackers/fruit on domestic flights.

Welcome to the dark side!
Old Mar 25, 07, 9:44 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JGR01 View Post

AA does not do the cheese/crackers/fruit on domestic flights.
As with everyting there is an exception:

ORD to HNL and OGG
DFW to HNL and OGG

The pre-arrival snack is cheese, crackers and fruit.
Old Mar 25, 07, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LASUA1K View Post
UA will usually give cheese and crackers on a late departing flight to the west coast.
Um, UA doesn't even offer First Class from ORD to LAS.
Old Mar 25, 07, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by HNL View Post
As with everyting there is an exception:

ORD to HNL and OGG
DFW to HNL and OGG

The pre-arrival snack is cheese, crackers and fruit.
THWAP .. Good Golly HNL . thanks for the reality check!

To me, from MSP, most everything is a mid-con flight. Yes the Hawaii service would be of the length that would include a 'snack'. But as I was born in Wisconsin (the original CHEESE state before CA tried to muscle in) the offerings on the AA cheese/fruit are not 'really' cheese to me much of the times!

Since Domestic in AA's terminology includes Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and other locations, I bet the LAX-SJU would also serve a similar taste treat!
Old Mar 25, 07, 11:30 am

Programs: Some more than others
Also, the AFS snack flights offer cheese/crackers/fruit as one of the snack options (the other is a salad with cold meat on top).
Old Mar 25, 07, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by LASUA1K View Post
This is my second AA flight within a month. Never flown during off meal times. Is there a snack on this flight? UA will usually give cheese and crackers on a late departing flight to the west coast. Warm nuts???? Thanks..
Are you being punished?

You can look on the AA website and see what is being offered in your class of service. I've never purchased anything off the "food for sale" menu but it sounds pretty gross, but I've been told some of it isn't too bad. But then I was told the same thing about C-Rats in Vietnam!
Old Mar 25, 07, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On UA, if you request a special meal on flights that depart at "non meal" times, they throw something half-way decent your way. I'm not sure about AA...
Old Mar 25, 07, 1:34 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by OneXMarine View Post
Are you being punished?

You can look on the AA website and see what is being offered in your class of service. I've never purchased anything off the "food for sale" menu but it sounds pretty gross, but I've been told some of it isn't too bad. But then I was told the same thing about C-Rats in Vietnam!
Actually, I have occasionally bought things from this menu (not all the upgrades come through ). While the boxes don't sound all that appealing, I'vce had sandwiches/wraps. Turkey, in my case. Lots of turkey,lettuce, tomato (IIRC) and all condiments separate. Quite nice, all things considered.

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 07, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959 View Post
On UA, if you request a special meal on flights that depart at "non meal" times, they throw something half-way decent your way. I'm not sure about AA...
Since the OP was asking about a mid-con flight .. no option for special meals. Special meals are available on transcons and select international flights only.

Look at http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...ecialMeals.jsp before AA disappoints you again.
Old Mar 25, 07, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Plt, 3.0MM Admiral's Club
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Actually, I have occasionally bought things from this menu (not all the upgrades come through ). While the boxes don't sound all that appealing, I'vce had sandwiches/wraps. Turkey, in my case. Lots of turkey,lettuce, tomato (IIRC) and all condiments separate. Quite nice, all things considered.

Cheers.
Based on your recommendation I'll give the food for sale a try sometime.

Search this Thread