Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q fare standby?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Q fare standby?

Booked early AM flight in Q. Can I attempt to fly standby later in the day? Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:00 pm

It's wholly dependent on the specific fare rules -- there is no rule that says that all fares in a particular class are eligible for standby, or what the parameters are for that particular standby request.

(Were I a betting man, I'd venture that standbys later in the day would be allowed -- assuming that this is a domestic Q fare we're talking about -- but it's ultimately up to the specific rules for that fare.)

Mike

Last edited by nako; Mar 23, 2007 at 8:05 pm
Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
it is well documented that you can stand by for an earlier domestic flight without paying a fee ==on same day only. period. not a later flight.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spurg
it is well documented that you can stand by for an earlier domestic flight without paying a fee ==on same day only. period. not a later flight.
Where is this well documented?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:19 pm

I missed a flight due to a prolonged meeting. I was informed that there is no such thing as stand by for a later flight - if you miss you flight - you need a good explanation and nice disposition (along with a great reason - traffic/car/flat tire) to get a BP - otherwise, they might suggest you purchase a ticket to fly...
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by spurg
Uh, well documented where? Not to be presumtuous since I don't claim to be an expert, but did you just make this up?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boeing2027
I missed a flight due to a prolonged meeting. I was informed that there is no such thing as stand by for a later flight - if you miss you flight - you need a good explanation and nice disposition (along with a great reason - traffic/car/flat tire) to get a BP - otherwise, they might suggest you purchase a ticket to fly...
The problem you had was due to not notifying AA that you wouldn't be on the originally scheduled flight, and had nothing to do with later standby.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Boeing2027
Um ... not quite what this says ...
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
gemac....you win the prize with the correct response. Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hedoman
Beer?
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by hedoman

Wait a minute. How can gemac be the winner when vasantn provided a link to the correct answer on aa.com? Doesn't a link trump everything else?

Geez. I go away for a week or so and you guys change all the rules of this forum.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:17 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma

Geez. I go away for a week or so and you guys change all the rules of this forum.
We didn't do nuthin'. Piazza did it. Told you.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by brp
We didn't do nuthin'. Piazza did it. Told you.
I knew I should have burned those posters of Jessica and Kelly when I had the chance.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:25 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I knew I should have burned those posters of Jessica and Kelly when I had the chance.
Didn't need to. They were hot enough to begin with. Mike? Lame as his batting average.

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by brp
Lame as his batting average.
It's not his batting average that interests to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.