Tul-ord #362 3/21/07

Old Mar 21, 07, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Tul-ord #362 3/21/07

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL362

Scheduled 12:00, Delayed until 2:30

Circled ORD- Diverted to STL where we sat and sat, enjoying the site of all the diverted aircraft. One of the other AA's had some kid have appendisitis(sp?)
Alot of ambulances and firetrucks, finally got fuel and landed close to 9:30
Old Mar 22, 07, 12:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.003008 MM
So you were 7.5 hours late! Hope you weren't trying to make a connection. Or a late afternoon meeting.
Old Mar 22, 07, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

My final destination was ORD. I fly out in the AM (bet I dont) The 45+ passagers whom missed there flight followed me to the hotel.
Old Mar 22, 07, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by sundrop View Post

Circled ORD- Diverted to STL where we sat and sat, enjoying the site of all the diverted aircraft. One of the other AA's had some kid have appendisitis(sp?)
Interestingly, I was on that flight expecting to connect to DEN. Fortunately, when I saw the bad weather I called the airline. They were more than happy to switch me to a connection through DFW that got me to DEN about the same time as my scheduled arrival.

Like it or not, airlines have a lot less flexibility now and less ability to recover from mishaps than they had 10 years ago. That means you have to do a little more planning on your own.

If you know enough to read FT, why didn't you ask the airline about options? They knew by 10:00 in the morning that that flight was going to be at least a couple of hours late and were quite happily putting people on other flights.
Old Mar 22, 07, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Originally Posted by sundrop View Post

It is the sharing of experiences such as this that makes FT what it is today.

I will post a report on my LGA-MIA flight tomorrow.
Old Mar 22, 07, 6:34 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
It is the sharing of experiences such as this that makes FT what it is today.

I will post a report on my LGA-MIA flight tomorrow.
I'll look forward to reading what will undoubtly be a riviting tale of navigating the TSA at LGA and the 30 minute departure delay you'll face.

Last edited by HNL; Mar 22, 07 at 6:41 pm
Old Mar 29, 07, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Originally Posted by HNL View Post
I'll look forward to reading what will undoubtly be a riviting tale of navigating the TSA at LGA and the 30 minute departure delay you'll face.
My LGA-MIA flight on Saturday was uneventful. Dinner was a choice between chicken and pasta. We took off early and landed early. It was extremely turbulent while landing.

My return flight on Monday was also uneventful. Dinner was a choice between chicken and pizza. We took off late due to a mechanical issue and landed late. My seatmate had a severe flatulence problem.

I hope this was informative and entertaining. I'd love to see more of these first-hand accounts.
Old Mar 29, 07, 3:56 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My return flight on Monday was also uneventful. Dinner was a choice between chicken and pizza. We took off late due to a mechanical issue and landed late. My seatmate had a severe flatulence problem.
Was is it the chicken con frijoles?
Old Mar 29, 07, 6:50 pm
pbz

Programs: AA Gold
Dinner was a choice between chicken and pizza. My seatmate had a severe flatulence problem.
Bet he had the fish.
Old Mar 29, 07, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Nice story.

Search this Thread