Travel Voucher T&Cs

Old Mar 19, 07, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, SPG Gold
Travel Voucher T&Cs

Does anyone know where I can find the official Terms & Conditions for a travel voucher that I received as a credit after canceling a nonrefundable ticket? Actually, it was received after I first canceled the ticket, then used the value towards a cheaper ticket, leaving a residual value to be credited.

The voucher references "enclosed terms," but none are enclosed. When I called AA reservations to request the terms, they couldn't provide them (suggested looking on the website, but didn't have a suggestion as to where they were on the website), and my emails to Customer Relations have gone unanswered. The question came up when I discovered that, for instance, I couldn't use the voucher for award ticket fees/taxes, so I was wondering where AA had a list of all the things I couldn't use it on. I tried searching for the information several times, but have been unsuccessful. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 19, 07, 2:28 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All you ever wanted to know:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578068
Old Mar 19, 07, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ismann View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the official Terms & Conditions for a travel voucher that I received as a credit after canceling a nonrefundable ticket? Actually, it was received after I first canceled the ticket, then used the value towards a cheaper ticket, leaving a residual value to be credited.

The voucher references "enclosed terms," but none are enclosed. When I called AA reservations to request the terms, they couldn't provide them (suggested looking on the website, but didn't have a suggestion as to where they were on the website), and my emails to Customer Relations have gone unanswered. The question came up when I discovered that, for instance, I couldn't use the voucher for award ticket fees/taxes, so I was wondering where AA had a list of all the things I couldn't use it on. I tried searching for the information several times, but have been unsuccessful. Any thoughts?
I always refer my voucher questions to FT's greatest living expert on AA vouchers, IceTrojan.
Old Mar 19, 07, 2:35 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by gemac View Post
I always refer my voucher questions to FT's greatest living expert on AA vouchers, IceTrojan.
And he is out of the office at the moment, so unable to take your questions.

Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 07, 2:38 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

d - e - l - e - t - e - d
Old Mar 19, 07, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO Silver
Originally Posted by ismann View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the official for instance, I couldn't use the voucher for award ticket fees/taxes,
I've used DI/DV vouchers for paying for a co-pay plus taxes so I'm quite surprised. In fact using a voucher reduced the taxes charged. I realise you're talking about a different kind of voucher but I'd expect the principle to be the same.
Mind you the vouchers are also supposed to be non transferable-and that isn't enforced either.

Last edited by duchy; Mar 19, 07 at 2:58 pm

Search this Thread