Mesh curtains coming to AA?

Old Mar 15, 07, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta Sky Miles
Mesh curtains coming to AA?

Last week, was one of two first class pax on an MD80 flight. Had a great flight, and outstanding service, due to the light load, natch.

Anyway, the f/a and I chatted about several current issues in flying, and she mentioned that AA is supposed to get those mesh see-through curtains some of the other carriers have, to divide the classes.

I did my best to try and search for any AA threads/info on this, and couldn't find anything, as I presume this has been brought up before.

Anyone know more? Would love to see their return.
Old Mar 15, 07, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Would be excellent. One of the few things US does better than AA.
Old Mar 15, 07, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
It would be great, but given the recent toilet changes and as it's an FA rumor, I'm not holding my breath.
Old Mar 15, 07, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jabrams72 View Post
It would be great, but given the recent toilet changes and as it's an FA rumor, I'm not holding my breath.
Besides, there aren't many FAs I'd like to see in a mesh curtain
Old Mar 15, 07, 3:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm not sure I have seen any mention. But I think the screens can be useful, even if it might mean Coach passengers salivating (even if it is only because we do that when we can't have what we see,) when pax n J or F are served a hot meal. Maybe they could use "no-see-em" netting?
Old Mar 15, 07, 3:29 pm

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
I was on a few MD80 flights a couple years ago where the mesh curtains were being tested... Mostly, LAX - DFW. They effectively kept pax from the rear from heading to the front loo, yet had a good, clear field of view to the rear. I did not see the curtains from the Coach side. The curtains tested were dark in color with the AA logo thereon.

Actually, in a previous thread about the subject, I posted the following on August 21, 2005... I was on a AA MD80 Redeye (AA#2482) LAX - DFW over a week ago and it had the new mesh curtain. The flight was full in all classes. I was seated in 4B and saw no one from Y pass through the F cabin to the F lav on the 3 hour flight... The curtain worked! A day later I was again seated in 4B on a return daytime flight, sans curtain, and at least 10 pax trekked through the F cabin to use the forward lav. The curtain gets my vote!

Last edited by prspad; Mar 15, 07 at 3:34 pm Reason: Add info...

Search this Thread