F/J Transcon Survey

Old Mar 15, 07, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; SPG GLD; Hilton GLD
Thumbs up F/J Transcon Survey

Received an e-mail from AA today with a link to a survey on first/business enhancements for transcon flights. Was certainly a nice surprise, assumably relating to the announced enhancements coming this summer.
The questions centered around an amenity kit offering, enhanced drinks service, food quality and newspapers.
From the wording of some of the questions, it definitely sounded like an amenity kit and some sort of specialty cocktail offering were a go. Of course, just speculation.

Last edited by jkirsch; Mar 15, 07 at 5:36 pm
Old Mar 15, 07, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA 1.3 MM/LT Gold
Originally Posted by jkirsch View Post
Received an e-mail from AA today with a link to a survey on first/business enhancements for transcon flights. Was certainly a nice surprise.
The questions centered around an amenity kit offering, enhanced drinks service, food quality and newspapers.
From the wording of some of the questions, it definitely sounded like an amenity kit and some sort of specialty cocktail offering were a go. Of course, just speculation.
Any enhancements would be nice

I was recently on a Delta flight from ATL to ORD (company booked it, no AA left), and I was surprised to see that they offered "Mile High Mojitos" made to order ... in coach! (of course, there was a $5 fee, but couple that with the free -small- snack, and I thought that it was a fairly good service offering for coach).

I'd love to see the legacy carriers compete on service - they've taken so much away in the past several years.

Last edited by miamigrad; Mar 15, 07 at 4:01 pm
Old May 30, 13, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just got sent a new transcon F/J service survey yesterday as I was identified as having flown in either F or J in the past 3 months.

Interesting questions, seems like they might be thinking about adding a signature drink like a Margarita (can't remember the other option).

Anyone else get this? Overall it seems like they are thinking of revamping the service in F/J on these routes (maybe to coincide with the A321T deliveries?).
Old May 30, 13, 12:42 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post
Overall it seems like they are thinking of revamping the service in F/J on these routes (maybe to coincide with the A321T deliveries?).
Wouldn't be surprised-- I haven't flown transcon BusinessElite on Delta, but the reviews of the catering seem to be very positive... and the pictures I've seen of the food online definitely makes it LOOK better than what AA offers in J.
Old May 30, 13, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miamigrad View Post
Any enhancements would be nice

I was recently on a Delta flight from ATL to ORD (company booked it, no AA left), and I was surprised to see that they offered "Mile High Mojitos" made to order ... in coach! (of course, there was a $5 fee, but couple that with the free -small- snack, and I thought that it was a fairly good service offering for coach).

I'd love to see the legacy carriers compete on service - they've taken so much away in the past several years.

Curious as to how they actually made a Mojito on this flight. If i was picking a cocktail to make at 35,000 feet, a Mojito would be one of the LAST cocktails I would make, especially off of a trolley in Y. (assuming it's made a standard way you would see done at a real bar)
Old May 30, 13, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw View Post
Wouldn't be surprised-- I haven't flown transcon BusinessElite on Delta, but the reviews of the catering seem to be very positive... and the pictures I've seen of the food online definitely makes it LOOK better than what AA offers in J.
Both of recent large customer surveys (Consumer Reports and JD Powers) put DL a step above in satisfaction than AA (and UA), so it appears that they're doing something right.

Hopefully AA follows-through with its (overdue) improvements; just got off a 6 hour transcon flight on an Eisenhower 757 (without individual IFE), and it's not an experience worth repeating.
Old May 30, 13, 1:25 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Curious as to how they actually made a Mojito on this flight. If i was picking a cocktail to make at 35,000 feet, a Mojito would be one of the LAST cocktails I would make, especially off of a trolley in Y. (assuming it's made a standard way you would see done at a real bar)
Haven't flown DL in awhile, but their specialty cocktails used to be made by using pre-mixed Stirrings Cocktail Mixers.... so probably not a real mojito. Nonetheless, a nice BOB option.
Old May 30, 13, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a big thread in the DL forum last year or the year before with a very favorable review of the revamped DL transcon menus. Not surprising that DL would pull out the stops in its efforts to increase its very low average fares between JFK and LAX (compared to AA's average fares). I hope that AA takes note and at least matches the menu improvements on the new A321Ts. Better food and beverage won't lead to higher average fares for AA, but it might help stem defections to DL (or UA or VX, etc).

Search this Thread