Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coach pax may now use First lavs - or not!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Of course, one can search for anything on the internet, but that's not the point (and I think you know that. )

IMO there's nothing wrong with expecting the one who posts the story to provide a link to the source(s).
agreed ... just a gentle ribbing to the OP and an FT vet
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:09 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
NO! The box is definitely not better. I can only describe how bad it is by saying that after one taste neither my husband nor my brother would drink it. Neither of them has turned down an alcoholic drink before or since... but the sake-in-a-box got dumped down the sink. On the bright side, it did a great job cleaning the drain pipe.
Actually, in Japan they have a different notion of "sake in a box". First, good sake is only served cold in Japan, so temperature is not an issue. There is a small wooden box, square in cross section, slightly short of being a cube, called a masuzake box. Sake of any quality is poured into the box and drunk from the corner. Not exactly sure why...but it makes for a bigger "glass", which may be the point

(An example picture I found)

Cheers.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by kunphuzn
While there was some skepticism of my original post (I know, I havent crossed the gazillion post count yet so cannot be deemed credible) I did see a follow-up this morning on again, the local Dallas news (this time the NBC affiliate), that said the new rule would go into effect on Thursday. So I doubt flight crews yesterday or today will be changing their announcements until D-Day, manana.....
CNN Headline News is currently carrying the story in their "loop."
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by brp
Actually, in Japan they have a different notion of "sake in a box". First, good sake is only served cold in Japan, so temperature is not an issue. There is a small wooden box, square in cross section, slightly short of being a cube, called a masuzake box. Sake of any quality is poured into the box and drunk from the corner. Not exactly sure why...but it makes for a bigger "glass", which may be the point
I've never been served hot (usually meaning average to poor quality sake) in a box. I need to broaden my horizons and try to get the hot stuff in a box too.

"This hot sake is of low quality."

"Yes, and such small portions too."

Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM; Priority Club-Platinum
Sent in my two cents. The next phase toward the two-class but egalitarian AA flight will be the announcement, "We have some extra meals up here in First Class, so y'all just come on up and line up to grab one for you and your buddy."
Old Feb 28, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Bostom
like wine that doesn't have a screw-on top
I actually refuse to buy wine that isnt screw top (apart from champagne of course) as I do not wish to pay for an expensive wine only to find that it is corked.

It's a real shame when I am travelling to the US that this old prejudice still abounds and I have to risk cork taint when I am buying wine.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Where is everyone sending complaints? To Customer Service, or to Dan Garton, or elsewhere? This will be my first official gripe ever.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Was surprised to see this news piped through the ticker on the 24hr Anna Nicole Smith News Channel that used to be called Fox News* Slow news day indeed!

*Which is at work....on silent...and I don't know how to change the channel without facing the wrath of whoever chose Fox to be played on both TVs
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
Where is everyone sending complaints? To Customer Service, or to Dan Garton, or elsewhere? This will be my first official gripe ever.
I have sent an email to customer service.

Will post any response......
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by simongr
I actually refuse to buy wine that isnt screw top (apart from champagne of course) as I do not wish to pay for an expensive wine only to find that it is corked.

It's a real shame when I am travelling to the US that this old prejudice still abounds and I have to risk cork taint when I am buying wine.
Yes, because we all know that most of the world, other than the US, has done away with corks.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Luckily being Australia based the majority wines post 2003 produced locally (and in NZ I have found) seem to be cork free.

Most of my int'l travel has been US or locations where I can source Australian wine relatively cost-effectively.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:29 pm
FTW

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by Spiff
Nothing was found, the 'person of interest' was not arrested nor charged with a crime.

Ergo, the conclusion that it was a "trial run" is definitely not valid. And conclusions of other "trial runs" are equally erroneous without evidence to the contrary.

"I heard there was a 'trial run'." Really? Prove it. Contentions like that are as valid as "I heard the boogeyman lives in my closet."
Actually, the post you were referencing seemed to conclude that discimination for lav use would be not be appropriate. There was no conclusion by the poster that it was a "trial run" or that the actions taken were reasonable. The poster simply stated what occurred, and his/her conclusion seems to support your view on the matter.

"They all thought it was a trial run for a hijacking."

THOUGHT it was a trial run. They checked it out, and no charges were filed. What's wrong with that? Nothing suspicious should be investigated?

If this is the story I think it is, it was highly suspicious, far beyond the absurd blunder that caused AA to lose a recent lawsuit. Should we turn a blind eye lest we be labeled a bigot?

Am I too generous to give concerned people the benefit of the doubt, or are you too eager to cry discrimination?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:36 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by FTW
Actually, the post you were referencing seemed to conclude that discimination for lav use would be not be appropriate. There was no conclusion by the poster that it was a "trial run" or that the actions taken were reasonable. The poster simply stated what occurred, and his/her conclusion seems to support your view on the matter.

"They all thought it was a trial run for a hijacking."

THOUGHT it was a trial run. They checked it out, and no charges were filed. What's wrong with that? Nothing suspicious should be investigated?

If this is the story I think it is, it was highly suspicious, far beyond the absurd blunder that caused AA to lose a recent lawsuit. Should we turn a blind eye lest we be labeled a bigot?

Am I too generous to give concerned people the benefit of the doubt, or are you too eager to cry discrimination?
Imagining a "trial run" is not a valid basis for implementing draconian and scatological bathroom policies.

I'm still waiting for one shred of evidence that there was any wrongdoing or any justification for the illogical and bigoted ramblings of racist shrew Annie Jacobsen.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
I flew FLL-DFW today and captain made no mention of the usual stay in your own cabin comments. FAs didn't stop anyone from coming forward on 757 (TWA version). Plane was full and it didn't cause any problems.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:43 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rploehn
Sent in my two cents. The next phase toward the two-class but egalitarian AA flight will be the announcement, "We have some extra meals up here in First Class, so y'all just come on up and line up to grab one for you and your buddy."
All passengers are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.