How is the F class seat on 763s to HNL?

Old Feb 27, 07, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Platinum, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
How is the F class seat on 763s to HNL?

Has anyone flown this recently? I'm flying Saturday from ORD and then back through DFW. Are these the same two-class planes that are flying to say, EZE? New or old business class? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 07, 7:47 am

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by bostontraveler View Post
Are these the same two-class planes that are flying to say, EZE?
Yes

Originally Posted by bostontraveler View Post
New or old business class? Thanks!
It can be, depends on whether or not that particular plane has been fitted with the NGBC seats or not.
Old Feb 27, 07, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat/4MM, AS Gold, Hyatt Globalist
If you do a search there are a number of threads on this, so please do try that route next time.

Yes, with the exception of the small number of planes with the NGBC (around six or seven at last count I think), all of the other 763s have the standard J class seats. The NGBC are deployed relatively randomly, and so they do sometimes serve the Hawaii routes depending on where they are in the system at the time. Do not bet on getting one on your flight though, and you can use the seat maps to see if your plane is currently a NGBC plane or not, but that can change up until time of departure.
Old Feb 27, 07, 9:35 am

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
You do get the new duvet now. I cannot sleep on a plane, whatever class, however flat, whichever meds. With the new duvet, I fell asleep for the first time ever. So much more like home!
Old Feb 27, 07, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
You do get the new duvet now. I cannot sleep on a plane, whatever class, however flat, whichever meds. With the new duvet, I fell asleep for the first time ever. So much more like home!
I've found that while in most cases the duvet is on the plane, it also depends on where it is coming from. On a recent DFW-LAX that had arrived from an international destination the duvet was gone. Same was the case for an LAX-HNL last month.
Old Feb 27, 07, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by olimaspecto View Post
I've found that while in most cases the duvet is on the plane, it also depends on where it is coming from. On a recent DFW-LAX that had arrived from an international destination the duvet was gone. Same was the case for an LAX-HNL last month.
And PVG-ORD earlier this month.
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EX PLT
I too did not get the new duvet on the LAX-HNL flight last month....but did get it on the return HNL-LAX. go figure.
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC View Post
And PVG-ORD earlier this month.
Really, this flight lacked the duvet? Wow, I've flown about 15 int'l segs so far this year and have had it on all those. I find it somewhat surprising that a major route like PVG-ORD lacked the duvet.
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Really, this flight lacked the duvet? Wow, I've flown about 15 int'l segs so far this year and have had it on all those. I find it somewhat surprising that a major route like PVG-ORD lacked the duvet.
I was as surprised as you, especially considering that we had the duvets on the ORD-PVG leg less than a week before.

Search this Thread