How is the F class seat on 763s to HNL?

 
Old Feb 27, 07, 6:22 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Paris
Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Platinum, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,167
How is the F class seat on 763s to HNL?

Has anyone flown this recently? I'm flying Saturday from ORD and then back through DFW. Are these the same two-class planes that are flying to say, EZE? New or old business class? Thanks!
bostontraveler is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 7:47 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Programs: Some more than others
Posts: 394
Originally Posted by bostontraveler View Post
Are these the same two-class planes that are flying to say, EZE?
Yes

Originally Posted by bostontraveler View Post
New or old business class? Thanks!
It can be, depends on whether or not that particular plane has been fitted with the NGBC seats or not.
SCChris is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 7:51 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SFO/MSY
Programs: AA Plat/4MM, AS Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,362
If you do a search there are a number of threads on this, so please do try that route next time.

Yes, with the exception of the small number of planes with the NGBC (around six or seven at last count I think), all of the other 763s have the standard J class seats. The NGBC are deployed relatively randomly, and so they do sometimes serve the Hawaii routes depending on where they are in the system at the time. Do not bet on getting one on your flight though, and you can use the seat maps to see if your plane is currently a NGBC plane or not, but that can change up until time of departure.
olimaspecto is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 9:35 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Posts: 423
You do get the new duvet now. I cannot sleep on a plane, whatever class, however flat, whichever meds. With the new duvet, I fell asleep for the first time ever. So much more like home!
Sprite is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 9:37 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SFO/MSY
Programs: AA Plat/4MM, AS Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,362
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
You do get the new duvet now. I cannot sleep on a plane, whatever class, however flat, whichever meds. With the new duvet, I fell asleep for the first time ever. So much more like home!
I've found that while in most cases the duvet is on the plane, it also depends on where it is coming from. On a recent DFW-LAX that had arrived from an international destination the duvet was gone. Same was the case for an LAX-HNL last month.
olimaspecto is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 9:59 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: South Bend, IN
Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 17,556
Originally Posted by olimaspecto View Post
I've found that while in most cases the duvet is on the plane, it also depends on where it is coming from. On a recent DFW-LAX that had arrived from an international destination the duvet was gone. Same was the case for an LAX-HNL last month.
And PVG-ORD earlier this month.
PresRDC is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:22 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EX PLT
Posts: 1,428
Originally Posted by olimaspecto View Post
I've found that while in most cases the duvet is on the plane, it also depends on where it is coming from. On a recent DFW-LAX that had arrived from an international destination the duvet was gone. Same was the case for an LAX-HNL last month.
I too did not get the new duvet on the LAX-HNL flight last month....but did get it on the return HNL-LAX. go figure.
spurg is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:27 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SFO/MSY
Programs: AA Plat/4MM, AS Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,362
Originally Posted by PresRDC View Post
And PVG-ORD earlier this month.
Really, this flight lacked the duvet? Wow, I've flown about 15 int'l segs so far this year and have had it on all those. I find it somewhat surprising that a major route like PVG-ORD lacked the duvet.
olimaspecto is offline  
Old Feb 27, 07, 10:29 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: South Bend, IN
Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 17,556
Originally Posted by olimaspecto View Post
Really, this flight lacked the duvet? Wow, I've flown about 15 int'l segs so far this year and have had it on all those. I find it somewhat surprising that a major route like PVG-ORD lacked the duvet.
I was as surprised as you, especially considering that we had the duvets on the ORD-PVG leg less than a week before.
PresRDC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread