FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA Phone Lines not even open... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/664259-aa-phone-lines-not-even-open.html)

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 1:22 pm

AA Phone Lines not even open...

"To use automated service... Press 1."

If you're trying to reach an agent, please call back later (paraphrased...)

WOW, that's bad!!!

olimaspecto Feb 24, 2007 1:30 pm

Which number did you call? I have no problem getting through to the EXP desk. Some American departments/offices aren't open on the weekends, which may be why you are having a difficult time getting through.

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 1:35 pm

800-433-7300 it has the regular prompts back again, but when I elect to go thru to an agent, I just get a really loud beeping tone...

Wish I was EXP and could call there...

I called AAdvantage earlier, but the lady from there just transferred me through to a very unhelpful reservations guy.

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 1:53 pm

WHen I do get through, it says,

"If you need to talk to a sales representative, please try your call again later..."

Hmmm, what if I need help now??? :mad:

andrzej Feb 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Perhaps you've heard about very serious weather issues in Dallas and also in Chicago?

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 2:05 pm

Yes, of course, that would be the reason I am calling of course... I'm happy to wait in line, but to not even offer that option and just disconnect??? Doesn't seem fair. Just got through on about the 10th try and they said approx 15 minute wait. I can deal with that...

Bri

oklAAhoma Feb 24, 2007 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by LotzOStuff (Post 7287186)
Just got through on about the 10th try and they said approx 15 minute wait. I can deal with that...

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

I'm at DFW right now and by the looks of the air and the strength of the wind, the sky is falling. Coupled with the weather at ORD and elsewhere, it doesn't seem surprising that the phone lines are backed up.

olimaspecto Feb 24, 2007 2:22 pm

Seems like this has shades of what JetBlue did last week - not picking up there phones either during the weather/rebooking fiasco.

audio-nut Feb 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by olimaspecto (Post 7287318)
Seems like this has shades of what JetBlue did last week - not picking up there phones either during the weather/rebooking fiasco.

You're right, all airlines should hire at least 1 res agent for each pax they fly...

oklAAhoma Feb 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by olimaspecto (Post 7287318)

Before we get too carried away here, let's note that AA is picking up the phones. There is just a long wait because the phone queues are (understandably) backed up at the moment... even at the EXP number.

Despite the hysterical thread title, even the OP acknowledges that AA is taking phone calls. (Posts #3 and #6)

olimaspecto Feb 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma (Post 7287389)
Before we get too carried away here, let's note that AA is picking up the phones. There is just a long wait because the phone queues are (understandably) backed up at the moment... even at the EXP number.

Despite the hysterical thread title, even the OP acknowledges that AA is taking phone calls. (Posts #3 and #6)

I agree, and like I posted above I had no problem gettin through to the EXP line. Seems to me that the OP is being a bit frantic unnecessarily.

Sprite Feb 24, 2007 2:47 pm

If anyone is sitting in an A/C, especially lax, where they are announcing the "operational 800#" you might want to pm it to this guy - help him save the impending marriage!

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Sprite (Post 7287505)
If anyone is sitting in an A/C, especially lax, where they are announcing the "operational 800#" you might want to pm it to this guy - help him save the impending marriage!

Thanks for the thought...

I don't think I am being unnecessairly frantic. When I posted it, I was calling and there was no answer, no option for a person, and I was just getting hung up on. Since then, I have been able to connect after a long (understandable) wait. I'm not at all upset about the situation, the long waits, etc...

I was simply remarking that I would prefer to get in queue and be told I had a 45-60 minute wait than just being hung up on and told to call back another time... As it was, I just spent about 30 minutes calling back, and then got in line for 15. If nothing else, I could have done something else with the time, that's all...

I think I have done enough good things over the years that the proposed marriage is safe, but some flowers on the table and a bottle of wine won't hurt when the future Mrs. LotzOStuff finally gets back to the abode...

badjuju Feb 24, 2007 3:31 pm

Having a similar problem with the EXP desk - was on hold for about 10 minutes, before reaching someone.
Must be a very busy day for them considering the problems with ORD and DFW.

FromDC Feb 24, 2007 3:39 pm

I've been trying to get through all day on 1-800-882-8880 for the international award desk. Keep getting busy signals and bumped off. Anyone have a recommendation for a different number?