FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   All DFW Flights Cancelled Due Weather (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/664258-all-dfw-flights-cancelled-due-weather.html)

JIMCHI Feb 24, 2007 1:22 pm

All DFW Flights Cancelled Due Weather

I have been advised by AA res that all inbound and outbound flights from DFW have been canceled until about 7:00 p.m. this evening due to severe crosswinds at DFW.

bmiStar Feb 24, 2007 1:47 pm

yes i'ts bad weather here

Still waiting for my 12.40 connection to DTW and the latest dep time now
is 6pm from the last delay showing of 3.10pm. Boards are full of canceled or long delays:(

bmiStar Feb 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Total stop

Total stop just announced in the airport until 7pm, regardless of what time is showing on the boards. ATC say dangerous cross winds. :( :(

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 1:58 pm

Where do you find this info? The DFW airport website is useless. I can find some info at the FAA site, but otherwise, nothing...

FTW Feb 24, 2007 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bmiStar (Post 7287104)
Total stop just announced in the airport until 7pm, regardless of what time is showing on the boards. ATC say dangerous cross winds. :( :(

...not to mention intense blowing dust...vsby down to 1 mile at times.

Wind gusts are over 50 mph.

oklAAhoma Feb 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by bmiStar (Post 7287104)

Fwiw an EXP agent just told me it's an unofficial stop until at least 6 pm.

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 2:34 pm

From the agent I have on the phone now, they're shut down until at least 7 PM tonight...

swag Feb 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by FTW (Post 7287305)
...not to mention intense blowing dust...vsby down to 1 mile at times.

Wind gusts are over 50 mph.

The sky here is a sickly yellowish color.

WFAA Dallas channel 8 also says that DFW does not expect to resume until after 7pm.

drtdk Feb 24, 2007 2:40 pm

Several diversions. I hope that lessons were learned.

oldpenny16 Feb 24, 2007 2:43 pm

worst dust storm I can recall.

and I'm used to West Texas dust storms.

Winds gusting to 50-55mph with intense dust and visibility of 1/4 to 1/2 mile.

I would say the sky is somewhere between pink and orange. Looks like a sci-fi movie sky.

I just got in. Driving is difficult with many stop lights not working or stuck on red.

A real 'hang on to your hat day'.

The National Weather Service is expecting this to calm down at 7pm. How do they know that?

There is a lot of blowing debris and trash is all over. Dust everywhere inside and out.

drtdk Feb 24, 2007 2:46 pm

As of 3:45 pm CST:

ACTIVE GROUND STOP AND GROUND DELAY PROGRAM - WEATHER / WIND
Ground Stop - This airport has issued a Ground Stop affecting flights departing to it between Feb 24 07:25 PM UTC and Feb 24 09:30 PM UTC due to WEATHER / WIND. Flights are being delayed an average of 132.9 minutes.
Ground Delay Program - This airport has issued a Ground Delay Program affecting flights arriving between Feb 24 02:30 PM and Feb 24 11:59 PM due to WEATHER / WIND. Flights are being delayed an average of 293.2 minutes.

drtdk Feb 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Far right "Tolltag Only" lane gate was stuck open. Sadly, I had used a TollTag lane to enter so it still scanned me. Don't know about someone who had a ticket. Seems like "free parking" might have been an option.

LotzOStuff Feb 24, 2007 2:55 pm

Hope it's better in Austin, I've got my girl headed there now... Assuming she gets off the ground from ORD... :(

former230 Feb 24, 2007 3:14 pm

All American flights to DFW and ORD canceled at MCI

Which means just about every flight on AA is canceled on AA out of MCI. THere was one flight at 7:15 pm to Dallas Love that was still posted on time, the rest of the board was red here.

Fortunately they re-booked me on United through IAD. I love AA in times like this and especially use of the first class line. The normal line was like 30 to 40 people long...ugh.

cowtowner Feb 24, 2007 3:29 pm

It's the worst I've ever seen it here as far as wind not attributed to a storm. My son had a baseball game this morning, and the dust at the High School was so thick that I think the dirt was embedded in my ears.