Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA bookings on AA website: Reponsibility?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

BA bookings on AA website: Reponsibility?

Hi,

I am in a situation here where a few months ago, I booked some BA flights on the AA website. The flights are due to be taken next month. I was just checking the itineary of the flight and I noticed that there was a mistake in the connecting flight, I was landing in Glasgow and my connecting flight to Manchester was in Bristol. For those who know the location of this city knows that it is not possible to go from Glasgow to Bristol in those 3 hours + transit time I have.

I just called AA about this and they passed me to the websupport department who was working with the ticketing department. They tried to find a solution and I tried to do it from my side too. I did find a sort of solution where they just had to remove the first segment from my original itineary. And in order to get to Manchester, I can take another routing by purchasing a new ticket. However, AA came back to me and told me that in order to remove that first segment they are going to charge me 99 pounds incld change fees besides that I had to pay for the extra new ticket I was going to purchase.

I was of course not very happy with this. I know for certain that I would have not been dumb to do such a mistake as in ending in Glasgow and driving about 300+ miles to Bristol for my connecting flight. I tried reasoning with them that since there is no clear party here to point the fingers, it would be fair if they removed that segment and I pay for the new ticket I was going to get to make it right. They did not want to do that, and in fact indirectly trying to point that I was the one at fault here. They also said that since it was a BA operated flight, they had actually no resposibility to help me in this case. My question is, are they right? That they do not need to help me to solve this correctly since it is a BA flight booked on the AA website?

I said that I will call back later to speak to a Supervisor. Before that, I just want to know what I can do. IMO, I think AA has some responsibility in this. I know I should have checked the ticket when they issued it.

Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I know I should have checked the ticket when they issued it.
As far as I can see, this statement ultimately says everything that needs to be said. If you cannot prove that AA made the error (and frankly, I've never heard of AA's automated systems misbooking a ticket to that extent), then the onus on making the change (and paying the change fee) is wholly on you.

Do you have your receipt from when you originally booked the ticket? If so, what does it say?

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.