Wiki Posts
Search

What Planes Operate to LIM for ORD-LIM?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
What Planes Operate to LIM for ORD-LIM?

I am looking at ORD-LIM between Oct-Dec '07 for 7 days. Are there any options besides the AB6 from MIA? I want to upgrade from ECON, but not on the AB6. Also, I'm looking to stay around the $589 that seems to be the best rate for this flight.

Also, if my only options are AB6 or 757, would you rather have the extra 1.5" of width in first on the 757, or the extra 1" of pitch on the AB6, but only 19.5" of width?

Thank You
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:52 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are no flights ORD-LIM as your title would indicate.

The core question is: Which is better J on the AB6 or 757. Personally I like the AB6 over the 757. Many here will disagree.

I like having the extra aisle.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
You know, you didn't HAVE to start another thread on this... the mods would've moved it for you.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about that.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
there are no flights ORD-LIM as your title would indicate.
I like having the extra aisle.

I realize this, but is my only option to go through MIA? When I search by fare, that is the only route that comes up.

I guess for $589, I really can't complain. The only dilemna is whether I want to use the miles to upgrade on the AB6. I've flown first on MD80's numerous times, and it appears that it and the AB6 have the same first class seat profile, except for the addition of 1" of pitch on the AB6 seats. Will I even notice the 1", or is the wider seat on the 757 more noticeable?

Thank You
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:05 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cda322
I realize this, but is my only option to go through MIA? When I search by fare, that is the only route that comes up.

I guess for $589, I really can't complain. The only dilemna is whether I want to use the miles to upgrade on the AB6. I've flown first on MD80's numerous times, and it appears that it and the AB6 have the same first class seat profile, except for the addition of 1" of pitch on the AB6 seats. Will I even notice the 1", or is the wider seat on the 757 more noticeable?

Thank You
The seats are actually verry different. The MD80s are a newer generation of seats that fo a better job of conforming to the human body than the AB6 or 757 which have the same old style F seats, with poor recline and little head or lower back support.

The best seat of the two is one of the bulk head center seats on the AB6. loads of leg room for you to prop your feet up on.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:35 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cda322
I am looking at ORD-LIM between Oct-Dec '07 for 7 days. Are there any options besides the AB6 from MIA? I want to upgrade from ECON, but not on the AB6. Also, I'm looking to stay around the $589 that seems to be the best rate for this flight.
Deliberately flying coach using this justification is a true example of cutting off your nose to spite your face, or going by the internet vs. experience in turning down a J seat on any flight. Have you actually been in either aircraft to make this decision with facts?

Also be careful that they do not oversell the J cabin which I hear is a crisis. And that there may be no C seats when you look to upgrade to though your dates cast a huge net of date choices.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:25 am

Programs: AA-plt
Why not take Lan from Miami to Peru? 767...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by loudgonzo
Why not take Lan from Miami to Peru? 767...
OP wants to upgrade from a paid economy fare to Business with miles. No can do on non-AA (read: LAN) metal.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by HNL
The seats are actually verry different. The MD80s are a newer generation of seats that fo a better job of conforming to the human body than the AB6 or 757 which have the same old style F seats, with poor recline and little head or lower back support.

The best seat of the two is one of the bulk head center seats on the AB6. loads of leg room for you to prop your feet up on.
Actually some A300s have the MD80-stlye F seats. These were the former three-class A300s that flew LHR flights ex-BOS and JFK in the mid to late 1990s. Actually, I find the F seats on thes a/c to be the best "standard" F seats that AA has. Problem is, of course, there is no way to tell which one you are going to get and the majority of A300s have the 757 seats.

A300 premium cabin with old F seats:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0199565/L/

A300 premium cabin with new F seats:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0771395/L/
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:02 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Actually some A300s have the MD80-stlye F seats. These were the former three-class A300s that flew LHR flights ex-BOS and JFK in the mid to late 1990s. Actually, I find the F seats on thes a/c to be the best "standard" F seats that AA has. Problem is, of course, there is no way to tell which one you are going to get and the majority of A300s have the 757 seats.

A300 premium cabin with old F seats:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0199565/L/

A300 premium cabin with new F seats:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0771395/L/
Go to know. Thanks for the links^

I rarely find myself on an AB6 and have not encountered one with the new style domestic F seats installed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.