Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't view available seat maps 763

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Can't view available seat maps 763

I have been trying to make award reservations for first class from DFW to Maui, but I get an error message when I try to check available seats. This has been doing this for the last couple of weeks. Has anyone else had this problem.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:15 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a few possibilities:
1. You are waitlisted for a mileage/eVIP UG.
2. Said UG has cleared and AA has the record open to process.
3. The Aircraft has NGBC.

You can view the seat maps at other sites (orbitz expedia expertflyer) and then call AA to make your changes.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
When you try to check them it instructs you to call American and gives the phone number. Have you actually tried doing as instructed?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA UA DL
Happened to a number of 763 flights. Another thread addresses this in connection with the changeover from 777s to 763s on the ORD-FRA route. My seat assignment got screwed up last weekend for an ORD-FRA flight in May, and I was (and am still) unable to access the seat map to change it. Finally called AA and changed it on the phone. The agent did not know why the seat map was inaccessible on-line, saying something vague like they are "still inputting the seat maps due to the changeover of aircraft".
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Same, we have flights booked for Dec. 2007. Our specific flights don't show the seat map, although various other flights to same destination do show seats. I called EPX desk. They CAN see the seats. She put us in reserved seats. I tried to get her to speculate as to why I couldn't see seatmaps, no luck. My guess is new seats.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
This happened to me on my flight BRU-ORD last week. Ended up being in the NGBC.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 1:57 pm

Same thing here. I've been trying to select my seat in F for a flight from JFK/SFO in late May. I get the following error;

We are unable to display the requested seat map at this time. Please contact AA.com Web Services at
1-800-222-2377 in the U.S./Canada or 0845-601-0619 in the UK, or 1-918-832-1384 for all other locations.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
this might be the reason:

taken from aa.com:

"In an effort to provide customization to the passenger flying experience, AA announces the removal of all seats on our planes. Customers are now encouraged to bring lawn chairs with them for their flight. AA management has received numerous complaints about our seats, and has taken these steps to address those complaints. For those passengers that choose not to travel with a lawn chair, one will be available for rent onboard our aircraft for a rental fee of $ 55 USD."
Old Feb 21, 2007, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
this might be the reason:

taken from aa.com:

"In an effort to provide customization to the passenger flying experience, AA announces the removal of all seats on our planes. Customers are now encouraged to bring lawn chairs with them for their flight. AA management has received numerous complaints about our seats, and has taken these steps to address those complaints. For those passengers that choose not to travel with a lawn chair, one will be available for rent onboard our aircraft for a rental fee of $ 55 USD."
Hmmm ... It doesn't give maximum dimensions. I wonder if I can just bring my own recliner. Maybe only in J or F.

/cp
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Have the same issue for DFW-HNL for Jan '08. Doesn't really matter to me as I already have my seat assignments, but was curious to see what the cabin layout looked like.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
I have a DFW-OGG in November with the same issue. I suspect if you check in EF you will be able to see the map. If so, it's an AA.com issue. When I called in she said something to the affect.... " oh here we go again... let me call that department and get them to reset the map display." Minutes later, it was visible with no changes.

Although I like the "BYOC", bring your own chair, I am afraid of it becoming "BYOS" bring your own stool.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flymeAAway
I have a DFW-OGG in November with the same issue. I suspect if you check in EF you will be able to see the map.
I have a JFK-ZRH and a ZRH-DWF leg both in May, and get the same issue. I did check on EF and am able to see a map. However, on close observation I can see that the map EF gives shows (in both cases) my seat unassigned, although AA, which can't show the map, still shows my originally assigned seat number in each case. So I suspect EF is pulling up a bogus map...
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by corndog33
Same thing here. I've been trying to select my seat in F for a flight from JFK/SFO in late May. I get the following error;

We are unable to display the requested seat map at this time. Please contact AA.com Web Services at
1-800-222-2377 in the U.S./Canada or 0845-601-0619 in the UK, or 1-918-832-1384 for all other locations.
So, did you call them, or do just keep trying to get it to work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.