Will the AA codeshare have lower 'charges'?

Old Feb 20, 07, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAPlat,QF,SQ,KE ,SPG,OZ
Will the AA codeshare have lower 'charges'?

I am currently booked on CX830, HKG-JFK, on my DONE4, pretty pleased to have gotten the direct flight on the date I wanted, for 2pax.

That being said, if we change over to the AA codeshare on the same flight, how much would our 'charges'/fuel fines be reduced by?

As there is no chance of 2pax on one PNR getting upped from J to F on this route, then it wouldn't hurt us to change over to the AA#, if there is a saving to be made

I posted this on the CX forum, but have had no replies, so hoping that someone here will be able to help me! Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 07, 5:49 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Why would there be a saving with the codeshare? Can you do some legwork e,g. check the price on AA.com and Cathaypacific.com and find out? Call AA?
Old Feb 21, 07, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
In my experience I've ever seen a cheaper flight as a co-share... but plenty of more expensive ones!
Old Feb 21, 07, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

changing flight numbers will not make a difference

What makes the difference in Fuel Fines on a DONE4, is which airline is issueing the ticket. AA is one of the cheapest since AA only charges 2 fuel fines, one for the transpacific sector and one for the transatlantic sector at a fixed rate regardless of carrier flown

What would likely make an adverse affect to the ticket price would be to have the itinerary ticketed by CX

Dave

Search this Thread