Kudos to ORD baggage handlers

Old Feb 17, 07, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
Kudos to ORD baggage handlers

I am the first to criticize and often the last to compliment. We took off 2 hours late, with the weather related/air control problems on Friday from EWR. Landed in ORD with 15 minutes to get to our LAX connection. I asked the FA to have the pilot announce "Connecting passengers to deplane first", which he did. We ran to our connecting flight and dreaded the no bags (for 3 passengers) when we landed at LAX at 12:15 AM. To my surprise, our bags all arrived. I don't know how they did it, but congrats to the ORD baggage handlers on that transfer!
Old Feb 17, 07, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.003008 MM
I had the complete opposite experience. 3 times in the past 7 days I connected though ORD and 3 times I arrived at my destination while my checked bag did not. Only on time was a very tight connection an issue. Oh well no drama...I have better things to worry about. Overall result...15,000 bonus mile from customer relations

Last edited by tailwindflyer; Feb 17, 07 at 9:19 pm Reason: insert text
Old Feb 17, 07, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by tailwindflyer View Post
I had the complete opposite experience.
As did my husband. Apparently the ORD baggage handlers were able to efficiently move the OP's luggage because they were neglecting almost an entire flight to OKC.
Old Feb 18, 07, 12:19 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
In late September 2006, connecting in ORD, my luggage made an 8-minute connection. I think ORD baggage handlers are above average.
Old Feb 18, 07, 12:36 am

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Bravo ORD! Unusual to get kudos, but once in awhile I'm sure they desire it.

Search this Thread