Wiki Posts
Search

MCI Fallen AC AAngels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
MCI Fallen AC AAngels

I just had a AC AAngel tell me that "I can not process the upgrade because the GA likes to have that control" I tell her and show her that the flight is sitting at X7 and she confirms in her system that it is indeed X7 but she "can't do it, of the GA will get mad" Since this encounter the flight has gone to X3 so I go back up to check to see if it has cleared and she tells me that I will have to go and ask the GA. Not really worried as I am sure I will still get the upgrade but this seems very unlike the AAngels that I have dealt with in the past.

Every other AC that I have ever been to have AAngels that will make things happen.

Am I just being a spoiled brat EXP or is this out of the ordinary?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by ipd054
I'm betting there was some behind the scenes action and to avoid confrontation (especially at such a small station) they came to some sort of agreement.

This is the type of situation why I have the SFO and AUS ACs on speed dial
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
This is the type of situation why I have the SFO and AUS ACs on speed dial
Shouldn't the EXP desk should also be able to handle this with ease?

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Shouldn't the EXP desk should also be able to handle this with ease?
Not within 3-4 hours of the flight. At that point it's under airport control.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by ipd054
No and yes.

Sincerely,

Another spoiled brat EXP
Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Strange, because they are usually quite good in that club. I might have just walked out of the club and gone the 20 feet to the gate and asked there. You could even leave the gate area and walk to check-in because that is only another 20 feet away. It's too bad this happened, because I hate to see a good club get a bad reputation.

/cp
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Sounds a lot like RDU. The last time I was there, I had to wait 10 minutes for the "AAngels" to break away from their conversation and be told that (wait for it), "First class has checked in full."
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:48 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
ORD ACs have feigned deference to the GA's for a LONG time.

AC AAngels have had their wings clipped a long time ago and now the power in most airports resides with the busy (and many times unprofessional) Gate Agents.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 3.2 MM, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I do about 12 trips a year to MCI and the club has always been great for me, so I'm surprised and sorry to hear you had problems. The AAngels have done amazing things for me at that club to get me home when weather or mechanical delays happen. Many times they have already re booked me before I even arrive to check in. Out of all the "thank you" email I send to AA, MCI must account for about half.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
AC AAngels have had their wings clipped a long time ago and now the power in most airports resides with the busy (and many times unprofessional) Gate Agents.
I hadn't noticed any wing clipping nor "many times" unprofessional GAs. Glad that in these two cases my mileage has varied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.