Search

"Technical Difficulties" on AA.com?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
"Technical Difficulties" on AA.com?

Has anyone else tried to check a reservation yesterday or today only to get a box telling them that the website is experiencing technical difficulties? I've been trying to check something on an upcomming trip, and I keep getting that. Is it a problem with my reservation, or with the system?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:32 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Your reservation... would it by any chance be international with a eVIP upgrade pending?

(Your profile shows PLT, but I thought there might be a chance you picked up a cert from another source.)
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LRD
Your reservation... would it by any chance be international with a eVIP upgrade pending?

(Your profile shows PLT, but I thought there might be a chance you picked up a cert from another source.)
I'd had a domestic mileage upgrade pending (and couldn't view it for that reason), but that supposedly cleared (res was viewable, was able to choose seat). Then it became unviewable, and mileage was never taken from my account. All I care about is that I have something on paper confirming the upgrade, so I don't get to the airport only to be told "oops, sorry, this never cleared." Perhaps I will just ask aa to email me another copy.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Couple of threads on this already -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655816 and

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655823

glad I am not the only one .... any reason why Intl flight with VIP makes any difference?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holmedown
glad I am not the only one .... any reason why Intl flight with VIP makes any difference?
From my understanding, it's a broader issue with waitlisted mileage/VIP upgrades. My guess is that the poster who mentioned int'l VIPs did so because that is the only upgrade they've waitlisted for recently, and didn't realize it applied to others. (Just a guess, feel free to correct).
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Same thing here.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:56 pm

Doing JFK-LHR on 2-17 AA104 (B fare upgrade waitlist with 10k miles)
and
LHR-JFK on 2-19 AA107 (A nice friend's gifted VIP)

After he called to apply the VIP, I can no longer see the res. Web services says they can't help.

My bigger question is that ExpertFlyer now shows my original Y seats as being empty. Do I still have them reserved or what gives? (a very big concern especially on JFK-LHR since Y is very full)

FYI: tried searching, wasn't too successful...just in finding that VIP upgrade waitlists and aa.com used to not get along

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.