Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online Check-In

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Online Check-In

I did a search and couldn't find a post for it. AA mailed me a post card, but unfortunately I lost it. It says that if I check-in online, I would get 500 miles (or something like that). Not sure if I have to register first? Can someone please provide me with the information?

Thanks,
J
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Are you sure it wasn't for online booking? The online check-in bonus is long gone.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vasantn
Are you sure it wasn't for online booking? The online check-in bonus is long gone.
I took a glance at it before I lost it, but I am pretty sure it was check-in online.

J
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:52 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
And since it was a post card . it probably was targeted to specific locations (or tiers or...) and you would need the code supplied on the mailing.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:02 pm

I can confirm that the OP is correct; my father (no status, recently began actually using his AAdvantage account) received an offer for 1,000 bonus miles for checking in online. I'll see if I can find out more information on it--I remember when he showed it to me, on the back it had the "Top 10" reasons to check in online

EDIT: The fine print:

Offer is valid only for recipients of this mailing who log on to AA.com and use Flight Check-In. AAdvantage members are eligible to earn a one-time 1000 AAdvantage bonus miles after using Flight Check in through AA.com by January 15, 2007. Bonus miles will be credited within 3-4 weeks after promotion end date to the account of the person who is logged on to AA.com. AAdvantage bonus miles do not count toward top tier status qualification. No registration is required.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbessler
I can confirm that the OP is correct; my father (no status, recently began actually using his AAdvantage account) received an offer for 1,000 bonus miles for checking in online. I'll see if I can find out more information on it--I remember when he showed it to me, on the back it had the "Top 10" reasons to check in online

EDIT: The fine print:

Offer is valid only for recipients of this mailing who log on to AA.com and use Flight Check-In. AAdvantage members are eligible to earn a one-time 1000 AAdvantage bonus miles after using Flight Check in through AA.com by January 15, 2007. Bonus miles will be credited within 3-4 weeks after promotion end date to the account of the person who is logged on to AA.com. AAdvantage bonus miles do not count toward top tier status qualification. No registration is required.

Thanks for the info.

J
Old Jan 21, 2007, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
I just received this postcard as well, except I have to use OLCI by 15-Feb-2007 to receive the 1000 mile bonus. As an EXP soon to be busted back to PLT, I wonder if AA is trying to "win me back." Within the last week, I've been targeted for the OLCI bonus and received the 10% coupon code.

The wording of the T&Cs is interesting. "AAdvantage bonus miles do not count toward top tier status qualification." So does that mean that they do count towards middle-tier status qualification (i.e., PLT)? (I already know the answer; just pointing out the curious language they used.)

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Jan 21, 2007, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I got it too and it also said I had to use it by Feb. 15, 07. Unfortunately I won't be flying again until Feb. 19.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lbbzman
I just received this postcard as well, except I have to use OLCI by 15-Feb-2007 to receive the 1000 mile bonus. As an EXP soon to be busted back to PLT, I wonder if AA is trying to "win me back." Within the last week, I've been targeted for the OLCI bonus and received the 10% coupon code.

Cheers,
LBBZman
I just received the same postcard in today's mail. Not sure why I was targetted as we've been checking in on line for two years now. Fortunately, we do have two trips before the Feb 15 deadline. Now if I could just get one of those 10% off coupons

Hope lots more people get targetted.

Lou
Old Jan 23, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Wooowhoooo!! 1,000 miles for online check-in

Got a postcard today saying if I do online check-in before Feb 15 I'll get 1,000 AA miles.

No registration required. No code to enter.

Sweeeetttt!!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 4:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Ya don't say

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=online

Cheers.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Cut it out again, all this search provoking.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:20 pm

I would have never read a thread called "Online check-in" so I'm glad this was posted with a more provocative title. If the two threads are merged, I suggest including the "1000 miles for" part of the title.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by brp
Why yes I do say...
And thanks for the link.

What is interesting to me about this is that there are 3 of us traveling on the 1st. My wife and daughter who are both Gold. My wife also got the offer and my daughter did not.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Sue them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.