Wiki Posts
Search

New snacks starting Jan 1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exc Plt (3m+), AS
New snacks starting Jan 1

It's coming.. new snack and new purchased meals (for those of us who sometimes dare). Breakfast bagel sandwich, Asian chicken salad... lets see how it goes. The information came out on their website.

http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pr...9_snacks.jhtml
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.7MM, AC
Please see.....

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637621
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:17 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Give the OP a break.. the BOB post rolled off the first page already!

Besides, this post provided the actually AA.COM link for some tantalizing photos of the new snacks and the happy coach customers buying it with a credit card!!!!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Platunum
Selling water is the ultimate slap to us customers! I'll never do it. (btw, why did we stop being passengers and become customers?)
I bring an empty water bottle with me through security and then fill it up in a water fountain in the secure area. If I finish it onboard, I ask the FA for a refill from her/his supply used to fill the cups.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:50 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by MollyNYC
Selling water is the ultimate slap to us customers! I'll never do it. (btw, why did we stop being passengers and become customers?)
I bring an empty water bottle with me through security and then fill it up in a water fountain in the secure area. If I finish it onboard, I ask the FA for a refill from her/his supply used to fill the cups.
You became customers because you can still buy a transcon ticket for 150 bucks r/t. When fares go up and oil goes down, we'll give you the free stuff back.

They sell water bottles in the airport, whats the difference is someone buying it in the terminal vs on-board? if they want to buy it, let em. The airline is capitalizing on a captive audience. Finally, AA is starting to offer things people may actually want
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
did anyone find it interesting that they use the spg amex or corporate amex in the photos?

http://www.aa.com/content/images/amrcorp/snacks.jpg
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by mbtmsu
did anyone find it interesting that they use the spg amex or corporate amex in the photos?

Amex provides the on board sales recorder in exchange for advertisement. The Onboard sales recorder may not be free to AA, but at a significantly lower cost courtest of Amex
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: AA, Delta, US Airways
Originally Posted by mbtmsu

I was thinking the same thing. Why not a CITI AA card?

"Earn miles while suffering though our food promotion coming soon."
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by AEpilot76
You became customers because you can still buy a transcon ticket for 150 bucks r/t. When fares go up and oil goes down, we'll give you the free stuff back.
$150? Great! Show me where.

You know that you can also buy a transcon ticket for $2,000 and get the same service, right? I'd venture to suggest that a significant proportion of this board (or their companies) are paying toward the higher end of this range.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by jamespvg

You know that you can also buy a transcon ticket for $3,000 and get the same service, right? I'd venture to suggest that a significant proportion of this board (or their companies) are paying toward the higher end of this range.
If you're paying 3000 dollars you're either sitting up front, or will most likely upgrade. You won't be worrying about purchasing a bottle of water or snacks.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 7:52 am

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
Amex provides the on board sales recorder in exchange for advertisement. The Onboard sales recorder may not be free to AA, but at a significantly lower cost courtest of Amex
ahhh...makes sense
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:19 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

You know that you can also buy a transcon ticket for $2,000 and get the same service, right? I'd venture to suggest that a significant proportion of this board (or their companies) are paying toward the higher end of this range.
I'd say that people paying for transcon F all the time don't need this board very much- they're already getting the benefits. Sure, there are some, but I'd bet that there are more of the cheapie flyers here. We're the ones that AEpilot76 refers to. I'd rather have my $198 transcon and try to upgrade...and have to pay $2 for a bottle of water if that doesn't work than pay $2000 and get free water. $1802 for water doesn't sound all that free.

Cheers.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold

They sell water bottles in the airport, whats the difference is someone buying it in the terminal vs on-board? if they want to buy it, let em. The airline is capitalizing on a captive audience. Finally, AA is starting to offer things people may actually want
Transcon for $150 r/t? Where???

On ocassion, I'll find mid-con's for about $220 all up which is really cheap (usually after WN pulls their $199 coast to coast deals), but more often than not I'm paying a lot more than that. I am a OW Emerald, but not with AA, so short of a YUP or an op-up, I find myself in Y.

I'm actually glad AA is providing these choices and I hope it provides additional, needed revenue. The CNBC "inside American" was a bit of an eye-opener when they showed the discrepency in fares on the BLD-DFW flight and how AA1 (JFK-LAX) only made a $200 profit the one day they flew it.

I'm a bit 'spoiled' after having been in Australia for awhile where a choice of hot meals and drinks is the norm in Y for Qantas domestic on many flights - even on the short hop from SYD-MEL. OTOH, their domestic route network is relatively simple, much of it point-to-point CityFlyer service, and their fare structure is very simple. If you want domestic J, you pay domestic J (short of the rare op-up).

Back to AA: It would be a good move, IMHO, if they could offer a complimentry BOB meal to pax who are on higher fares but not in F or J. I tend to think it would be good for business and make the $700 passenger sitting next to the $99 passenger feel appreciated, instead of being nickled and dimed.

Will have to check out the new BOB programme after the 1st of the year.

On the bright side, at least there is no fee for OLCI, I don't have to put quarters in to press the seat recline button, insert a dollar bill to close the window shade, swipe my credit card to enter the lav, or receive an invoice upon arrival for use of the reading light, air vent, or power-port for my laptop . (ok, better not give AA any ideas! )

Cheers!
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:58 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler

Back to AA: It would be a good move, IMHO, if they could offer a complimentry BOB meal to pax who are on higher fares but not in F or J. I tend to think it would be good for business and make the $700 passenger sitting next to the $99 passenger feel appreciated, instead of being nickled and dimed.
I think this might have the effect of alienating the $99 pax (whether they should feel that way is another issue...but many would). It would take longer to go over the list and ferret out the higher fares and, where is the line drawn? $500, $400...I see the value in the basic idea, but think it would be more problematic than beneficial.

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
On the bright side, at least there is no fee for OLCI, I don't have to put quarters in to press the seat recline button, insert a dollar bill to close the window shade, swipe my credit card to enter the lav, or receive an invoice upon arrival for use of the reading light, air vent, or power-port for my laptop . (ok, better not give AA any ideas! )

Cheers!
Yet!

Cheers.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I don't know why you insist on finding such an expensive fare

Just last month the following RT transcon was available
OAK-PBI $89 on AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.