Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hard rock concert on laptop, no headphones

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:45 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
Well, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but it is against the law for passengers to disobey crew member directions. The lead FA should have confronted the man and told him that if he didn't comply this would be his last flight on AA for a while, and that if he continued his belligerent attitude he'd be met by some LEOs on arrival.
But that is exactly the problem. The FA did not confront the man. If she did, we wouldn't be having this discussion!
Old Dec 14, 2006, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCBob
But that is exactly the problem. The FA did not confront the man. If she did, we wouldn't be having this discussion!
What made you think that I was saying it was not the problem?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 7:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Maybe I'm confused, but in the OP it clearly states that the FA did approach the man and ask him to stop...and he did....I'm not sure where the perception that this went unaddressed came from.

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
You know, I read about planning and desire in the seat switching thread, where many (most?) people were emphatic about never sacrificing their comfort for others...

My question is...why weren't you prepared with earplugs? If quiet is important to be, plan in advance.

Steve
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by sllevin
My question is...why weren't you prepared with earplugs? If quiet is important to be, plan in advance.
Things you can control yourself vs. actions of inconsiderate others.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, *A Plat
You know, I read about planning and desire in the seat switching thread, where many (most?) people were emphatic about never sacrificing their comfort for others...

Steve
The line had to be drawn somewhere, and I drew it at the cheezy rock concert.

I usually do carry earplugs, just in case, for stuff outside my control. I didn't think this was out of my control -- I was pretty sure the FA would support me on this one.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 8:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Steve
Earplug only block so much. Loud music (velveeta factor aside), probably not completely. Ya want complete silence? Bring ear plugs. You want to not have to hear someone else's DVD player? Ask nicely, then FAs...just as the OP did. Not the same, IMO, as wanting to sit in the seat that one picked for the specifiic purpose of sitting there...and it seemed most people would switch, if asked nicely.

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise
If it had been RUSH or The Who everyone would have wanted it cranked ^ up!
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sixsixsixtynine
If it had been RUSH or The Who everyone would have wanted it cranked ^ up!
But then it couldn't have been classified as Cheesy.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.