Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transatlantic menus November 2006 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2006, 9:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Buiness Class Menu: LHR-LAX

From my flight this week:

CHAMPAGNE

Pommery Brut Champagne
Founded in the 1830s, Pommery is recognized as one of the Grande Marque vintners in the renowned Champagne region of France. Chardonnay and Pinot Noir vines, manicured in their classic vineyards, yield small grape clusters packed with rich flavor-making wines which are blended from several vintages to perpetuate the famous Pommery house's style. The result is a dry, white sparkling wine of crisp tartness and savory toasty-apple bouquet-considered by many to be the absolute epitome of fine Champagne. Indeed, Pommery Brut was awarded four stars in Decanter magazine in 2003.

WHITE WINES

Murphy-Goode Sonoma County Chardonnay
Vineyard owners Tim Murphy and Dale Goode founded the Murphy-Goode Estate Winery in 1987-a state-of-the-art facility rising amid row upon row of classic Chardonnay vines in northern California's esteemed Sonoma County winegrowing region. Slowly matured in fine oak barrels, the delicious result is this dry white wine expressing bold flavors of citrus, butter and honey.
Its distinctions include 90 points awarded by Wine Spectator magazine.

Wairau River Marlborough New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
Having grown prime Sauvignon Blanc grapes for other vintners since the late 1970s, Chris and Phil Rose established Wairau River in 1991 with a vision- to produce premium wines grown exclusively from their estate vineyards. In a dozen years they have achieved demand from wine enthusiasts around the world. Shallow rocky soils and bountiful sunshine ripen their Sauvignon grapes to concentrated blossom-citrine flavors which make truly delicious, dry white wines with crisp textures, perfect balance and long aftertaste.

RED WINES

Chateau Batailley
The origins and namesake for this grand estate date back to the mid-1400s when it was the site of a great French bataille against the English during the Hundred Years War. Under the direction of the Casteja family, it has become one of the great "Grand Cru'' jewels of Bordeaux, classified in 1855 as one of the top quality wine producers among several thousand chateaux in the region. Chateau Batailley typifies the dense blackberry color and opulent cedar-plum flavors expected from heavy dry red wine grown in Bordeaux- three stars in Le Guide Hachette Des Vins 1999.

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Australia's Shiraz
Penfolds highly coveted reputation for world-class quality is recognized in wine markets worldwide. Their Koonunga Hill Australian Shiraz is one of their benchmarks-a bold, full-bodied, dry red wine offering delicious berry-plum-cassis flavors, mellow tannins and an enticing spicy aftertaste.
Selected by Wine Spectator magazine as an essential in
"A Connoisseur's Guide to Wine Collecting"

SHERRY

Emilio Lustau Sherry
Eleventh century B.C. Phoenician traders founded a frontier settlement called Shera on the Mediterranean coast across from Gibraltar. Following Roman and Moorish occupation it became the Spanish Jerez de la Frontera -- now more readily known as the Sherry region. Lustau medium Sherry is a hearty apertif wine, amber in color, specially fermented and continually blended vintage after vintage through decades of aging to achieve tasty nutty-caramel flavors. The prominent wine media recognizes Emilio Lustau as one of the premier quality Sherry vintners.

DESSERT WINE

Graham's Vintage Port
W & J. Graham & Co. has, since 1820, become one of the most prestigious names in fine port wines. Careful decanting results in a brilliantly clear and sweet ruby-red dessert wine of unequaled character. Vintage Port is boldly aromatic and flavorful with rich tones of brambleberries and plums-matured with time to a satin texture.

BEVERAGES

Cocktails and Aperitifs
Bloody Mary . Screwdriver

Spirits
SKYY Vodka . Tanqueray Gin . Bacardi Rum
Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch . Crown Royal Canadian Whisky
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey . Maker's Mark Bourbon
Dewar's White Label Scotch Whisky

Beers
Heineken, Amstel Light and select U.S. Beers Additional Beers may be available on selected International Flights

Brandy and Liqueurs
Di Saronno Amaretto . Baileys irish Cream . Kahlua
Courvoisier V.S.O.P. Fine Champagne Cognac

Other Beverages
Carbonated Beverages
American Airlines Premium Blend
Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee
Tea . Fruit Juices . Milk

Beverages are available continuously throughout the flight.
For more information on American's wine program, please visit our web site at www.aa.com/wine.

DINING SERVICE

To START
Warm mixed Nuts

A P P E T I Z E R
Apple Soy-marinated Beef
served with Horseradish Cream and thin Potatoes

S A L A D
Fresh seasonal Greens and an assortment of fresh Vegetables offered with a creamy Bleu Cheese Dressing
or Castello Monte Vibiano Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar

BREAD BASKET
Assorted Gourmet Breads

ENTREES

F l L L ET O F S A LM O N
On this flight we are proud to offer you a taste of European flair Using only the freshest ingredients, Chef Andrew Bailey from our London kitchen has created an entree that captures the essence of his country's cuisine.
Seared Fillet of Salmon accented by an Herb-Butter Sauce, offered with blanched Asparagus and Spring Onion Mashed Potatoes

F I L L E T O F B E E F
Grilled Fillet of Beef accented by Cherry and Chocolate Balsamic Sauce, served with a Cheddar Polenta Cake and Asparagus and Celery Medley

R O A S T E D C H I C K E N
Roasted Chicken Breast enhanced by Bordelaise Sauce, served with sauteed Swiss Chard and Carrots
and Truffle Celeriac Puree

PENNE PASTA WITH RATATOUILLE
Penne Pasta dressed in a Tomato Coulis and topped with a Thyme roasted Ratatouille

VEGETABLE PLATE
Seasonal Vegetables that include
an Eggplant, Zucchini and Pepper Ratatouille
served with Chive Potatoes and sauteed Arugula American Airlines serves Brazilian beef.

We apologize if your selection is not available.

DINE UPON REQUEST
You may choose one of the following entrees, complete with an Appetizer and Dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.
Fillet of Salmon * Fillet of Beef
Roasted Chicken * Penne Pasta with Ratatouille . Vegetable Plate

THE DESSERT CART
An assortment of Cheese served with Grapes and selected Crackers or A scoop of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia lce Cream

TO FINISH
Lindt Chocolates

MID - F L l G H T S N A C K
An assortment of fine Cheeses offered with select Crackers or Assorted snack items are also available upon request

AFTERNOON MEAL

E N TR E E S

Please select one of the following options:

UNO'S PIZZA
An individual Chicago-style Deep Dish Mushroom Pizza accompanied by a fresh Green Salad tossed with English Cucumbers and Cherry Tomatoes

ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN
Slices of Soy-seared Breast of Chicken served chilled on a bed of grilled Pineapple with Asian Slaw
and Asian Sesame Dressing

D E S S E R T

Lemon Tart

P R E - A R R I V A L B E V E R A G E

Chilled Sparkling Water with Fruit Garnish

Last edited by tom911; Nov 25, 2006 at 2:34 pm Reason: added pre-arrival snack menu
Old Nov 25, 2006, 9:57 am

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
Thanks for posting. I take this flight at least once annually and really like the service I/we receive when sitting up-front (and sometimes even further upfront)

After reading FT for the past four years or so, I feel I must be in the minority because I actually like the food I am served where I sit. Of course, paying $5 for a box is a different story.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:06 am

A pet peeve of mine on the LAX-LHR flight is that the port runs out really early in the flight.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
How does this menu compare to LGW-DFW or LHR-ORD flights in Business?
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by sts603
It's the same menu. I took LHR-JFK last week, same menu. I would actually think they would give more food on the LHR-LAX flight.

Keep in mind there is a snack prior to landing. On our flight it was a pizza or cold chicken salad.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:31 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ajacpril
A pet peeve of mine on the LAX-LHR flight is that the port runs out really early in the flight.
There is a single bottle of port per flight, shared between F and J; some FA's try to keep it exclusively for F use. I find it hard to believe that AA really stocks only 1 bottle per flight, but every time I ask the answer is the same, so I suppose it must be true. It lasts a lot longer eastbound than westbound, fwiw.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by sts603
Very similar, if not exactly the same.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
First Class Menu: BOS-LHR

To continue the trend, here is my menu on AA108 from BOS-LHR earlier this week (this menu also applies to any JFK-LHR flight with dinner):

Wines

Champagne

Pommery Brut Champagne

White Wines

Laroche Chablis Premier Cru

Red Wines

Chateau Batailley

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Australian Shiraz

Wairau River Malborough New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc

Dinner

To start

Warmed nuts or marinated cheese antipasto

[U]Appetizer/U]

Smoked salmon and citrus marinated shrimp accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream, garnished with lemon wedges and served with toast points.

The Salad Cart

Please select any combination of the following

Fresh seasonal greens with a Parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing or Castello Monte Vibiano olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Gift assortment of Castello Monte Vibiano olive oils is available in Duty Free

Bread Basket

Assorted gourmet breads offered with a choice of butter or Castello Monte Vibiano olive oil

Entrees

The following A la Carte vegetable options are available with your entree:
Roasted butternut squash, Haricots verts and mushroom risotto

Lamb medallions (what I had)
Lamb medallions served with Marionberry glaze, accompanied by Roasted butternut squash, Haricots verts and mushroom risotto.

Filet of Beef
Seared filet of beef featured with a Mango-Chili demi glace, blue cheese potatoes and glazed carrots.

Shrimp and Scallops with Risotto
Shrimp and Scallops offered with roasted tomato Risotto, accented by a creamy goat cheese sauce.

Eggplant ravioli
Ravioli pasta filled with a rich eggplant puree, topped with bechamel sauce and a light marinara sauce.

Lighter fare

Presented as an alternative, your lighter fare entree may be created from our salad cart or from our selection of a la carte vegetables.

Dine Upon Request

You may choose the following to be served with an appetizer and a desert, served all at once:
-Lamb medallions - Filet of beef - Shrimp and scallop risotto - Eggplant ravioli

The cheese and dessert cart

Black Diamond cheddar and Texas basil caciotta cheese accompanied by seasonal grapes and selected crackers'

Ice cream sundae
Vanilla ice cram with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or season berry toppings, whipped creme and pecans.

Pecan tart

To finish

Assorted Lindt chocolates

Continental Breakfast

Chilled orange juice
seasonal fruit
yogurt
cereal

Breakfast bread basket

An assortment of warm breads

Express breakfast

To allow you to sleep as long as possible, the Express breakfast will be served 45 minutes prior to landing. Please notify your flight attendant.

Warm breakfast breads and your choice of beverage.

Pre-arrival beverage

Chilled sparkling water with fruit garnish.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for the great menu-sharing posts, tom911 and MGW2000
! (I took the liberty of merging these to keep them easier to find and use in the future...)

Too bad they don't put some of those great Belgian brews on board, or even a showcase of a few American microbrews... Yeah, I am being facetious, though it would be nice...

(I wonder if AA has looked at their name, er, American, and tried cutting deals with American companies to highlight American products on international flights - wines, microbrews, etc. etc. Maybe they could get some producer assistance as it is really advertising?)

For easier searching... we hope: transatlantic menu Heathrow Boston Angeles first class menu business class menu

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 25, 2006 at 1:00 pm
Old Nov 25, 2006, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SethLevy
Keep in mind there is a snack prior to landing. On our flight it was a pizza or cold chicken salad.
Hard to believe, but they actually ran out of pizza as the pre-arrival snack into LAX, and the Asian-style chicken was all that was left. I was able to score a pizza because of FEBO (and was actually in the mood to have a pizza).
Old Nov 25, 2006, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Now and then they run out of Bailey's. Then I cry!

Thanks for all the info. I've had the salmon. It is really good.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MGW2000
Lamb medallions (what I had)
Lamb medallions served with Marionberry glaze, accompanied by Roasted butternut squash, Haricots verts and mushroom risotto.
I had the same entree JFK-LHR earlier this month on the 2330 flight (in fact, the entrees were identical, though wines were different). I've had this dish several times now and always enjoy it.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
I had the same entree JFK-LHR earlier this month on the 2330 flight (in fact, the entrees were identical, though wines were different). I've had this dish several times now and always enjoy it.
I had the opposite feeling you did! I really did not like it (mostly due to personal preference) and should have ordered the beef. We weren't short on food (we were 4/16) so the f/a asked me if i wanted to eat something else when she noticed i only picked at the lamb.

Matt
Old Nov 25, 2006, 4:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The lamb medallions are among my favorites - though the rack of lamb served a year or two ago was even a cut above, IMO. (My perspective is often a bit one-sided - I may sleep over, eat on the return; the rack was out of BRU, ZRH and LHR, iirc.) Matt, sorry it's not your cup of tea...

Parenthetically and completely OT, thanks for posting the DO pix, Tom - I had to cancel.

Originally Posted by tom911
Old Nov 25, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Plat
Second menu was almost identical to ORD-DUB from earlier this month. I thought the food and wine were terrific (as were the ORD-DUB flight crew).

Recommend the risotto: probably heart-toxic, but delicious. All of the wines are worth a try but the s. blanc and the reds seemed particularly tasty.

I was impressed with AA's biz-class food and service. It exceeded my expectations, and is well worth a premium (which I didn't have to pay )

-KF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.