Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Problem getting miles from Citibank on new card sign up

I signed up for plat. advantage card promo
20k after $250 purchase
5000 more after 1 year

When i got first statement they give me 15k
I called cust. service and again i get a poorly trained rep in India?, finally got to speak to a supervisor in the states.

He credited me the 5k but said promo was for 15k on file
I told him i had screen shot of offer ,and what about my 1yr -5k bonus- he said if I don't get it call back

Any suggestions on how to get the correct offer info into my record so I don't have a problem at 1 year anniversity?

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Good Luck!

You have entered the realm of incompetence! It took me 6 months after the date my bonus miles should have posted for the Citibank American Express to finally get the miles. It took numerous phone calls, emails, letters and faxes before the miles posted. I had CSRs tell me it would take 10-12 weeks after the first statement posting date. WRONG!! Original terms and conditions state that I signed up under stated 6-8 weeks after first purchase!

I would recommend that if you call, only speak to a supervisor, make sure that they note any conversations in your account record. Call back immediately after your conversation with a supervisor and have a CSR check your records to make sure this was done. I was told by supervisors that inquiries were noted in my record numerous times when nothing was noted in my record.

Just to show the incompetence, when then bonus miles finally posted they posted twice (15,000 x 2) with an additional 5,000 bonus for my trouble.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Now, THAT kind of incompetence I am more tolerant about. (Some calls, letters, etc. and six months = 20,000 miles is not so bad. IMO you deserved what you eventually got; glad you persisted!)

Originally Posted by ejs621
<snip> Just to show the incompetence, when then bonus miles finally posted they posted twice (15,000 x 2) with an additional 5,000 bonus for my trouble.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HH DIAMOND, SOUTHWEST RR, HERTZ
Thought I was going to have similar troubles after applying/activating in October. Received 20K bonus almost simultaneously with my 1st billing statement & was pleasantly surprised!

Sincerely, - jdburns11
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:18 pm
In memoriam

I have been pretty lucky with getting my miles from Citi. Except when they don't enter my AA # in the file even though its on the app. Then I have to call and get AA to consolidate the new AAdvantage account with the correct old one. Takes a couple of days after the call for the miles to show up in the old AA account. The tipoff is when you get a new welcome package from AA with a new AAdvantage #.

As to Delta and Amex, don't get me started!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.