Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ord-pvg

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Ord-pvg

Anyone flown on the ORD-Shanghai flight in business? I've flown JFK-NRT in J, and the service was just awful. Worst long haul flight in business I've ever done. Does the Shanghai flight have the same problem with lazy senior flight attendants?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
for PVG-ORD in business, there are NO SNACKS. so aside from post-takeoff meal, snack, and pre-landing meal, THERE IS NO FOOD. dont ask the FAs either, they are mean

one good point was that, i flew it a week or so after 8/10, and the FAs came by very often to fill up my glass/bottle with water
Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:00 pm

Programs: aa exp
I just did the flight last week and it was fine the flagship lounge at ord is nice and they did have the snack atack service on the flight to pvg on the way back no snack atack but you will be sleeping. the service was fine.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 5:50 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Did this flight in business in July of this year with wife and two children - service was excellent both going to PVG and coming back to ORD ^ . Funny, I didn't notice the lack of snacks in either direction though, then again I tend to want to be in J because of the better seat rather than an extra bag of nuts. YMMV though
Old Oct 24, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
As a result of flight attendant reports to Food and Beverage, the Snack Attack trays are being added back to Europe/Asia flights (with the exception of BOS/JFK/RDU). I guess the senior girls aren't too mean then....
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by s80dude
As a result of flight attendant reports to Food and Beverage, the Snack Attack trays are being added back to Europe/Asia flights (with the exception of BOS/JFK/RDU). I guess the senior girls aren't too mean then....
Wow, management actually listening to what F/As have to say and suggest. What a concept!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:25 pm

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer
Wow, management actually listening to what F/As have to say and suggest. What a concept!
They are finally starting to listen to all the things we write up on the catering papers..... so many top tiers fail to realize we are their biggest advocates, but I am more than willing to include customer comments on the service items in the catering paperwork.

My next issue to tackle is that nasty evening ice cream. My catering papers state it is cookie dough ice cream, but it's vanilla ice cream with some sort of peach glob and corn flakes..... rarely do I get a cup returned empty. It's gross.

Flight attendant feedback was responsible for the pizzas going from "all the time" to a "rotated menu cycle"
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by s80dude
My next issue to tackle is that nasty evening ice cream. My catering papers state it is cookie dough ice cream, but it's vanilla ice cream with some sort of peach glob and corn flakes..... rarely do I get a cup returned empty. It's gross.
That is, by far, the worst of the pre-made ice cream concoctions (they are not sundaes). I'd like to meet the person who came up with it.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
To the OP -- I've done the flight several times, but always in F. The FAs have been very good to outstanding.

Personally, the flight is too long to be in AA's J seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.