Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Differeence between FC in 762 and 777

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Differeence between FC in 762 and 777

I am planning a trip to SDQ and a viable option shows me being booked in Fc on the 762 LAX/JFK as part of the outbound

I am familar wih the suites in FC on the 777 ( not the coffins), but have never seen the inside of a 762 in FC.

Obviously the 777 is newer plane, but in terms of seat confort etc, are the 2 somewhat comparable???
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
The seats are really quite different.

The 762 seats do not reclien flat. They are the old school easy chair style seats. They are brown with an electronic footrest (which comes to the horizontal with the seat cushion, but is not flush with it) and a manual recline. It reclines quite far, but not fully flat.

These seats used to be called the "wooly mammoth" seats because they featured a brown shaggy seats cushion and back. Those have been replaced with pure leather as it is easier (and cheaper) to maintain.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by eireman
in terms of seat confort etc, are the 2 somewhat comparable???
They are both seats on airplanes operated by AA. They are the best seats on the airplanes that they are on. There are no other comparisons.

The 777 Flagship Suite is a modern, multifunction seat, with flat bed and multiple work/dining surfaces and a small but functional visitor ottoman configuration. It has access to a modern IFE system as well.

The 762 F seat is a 20-year old relic. It is large, and reclines reasonably well, but is not particularly functional for either work or eating. It does not facilitate being with someone else. It doesn't have an IFE system (other than audio and cabin-screen movie). The 777 J seat is, IMHO, as good or better.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by CO FF
They are both seats on airplanes operated by AA. They are the best seats on the airplanes that they are on. There are no other comparisons.

The 777 Flagship Suite is a modern, multifunction seat, with flat bed and multiple work/dining surfaces and a small but functional visitor ottoman configuration. It has access to a modern IFE system as well.

The 762 F seat is a 20-year old relic. It is large, and reclines reasonably well, but is not particularly functional for either work or eating. It does not facilitate being with someone else. It doesn't have an IFE system (other than audio and cabin-screen movie). The 777 J seat is, IMHO, as good or better.
All true. But you can't be Capt. Kirk on the 777....
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:23 am
Original Poster

So the consensus would be that for a routing LAx to SDQ, to fly via JFK in Mid Feb on the 762 in Fc and then the AB6 in J compared to flying the shorter routing via MIA on a 763 in J and then AB6 in J does not make a lot of sense except perhaps for the additional miles and the red eye option????
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by eireman
So the consensus would be that for a routing LAx to SDQ, to fly via JFK in Mid Feb on the 762 in Fc and then the AB6 in J compared to flying the shorter routing via MIA on a 763 in J and then AB6 in J does not make a lot of sense except perhaps for the additional miles and the red eye option????
The service will be better on the 762 via JFK, but if you are looking at the red-eye, the service difference is very minimal.

If you are willing to overnight in MIA, there is one LAX-MIA transcon operated by a 777, but it might have ended by February.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
All true. But you can't be Capt. Kirk on the 777....
That is highly logical.

But considering that the 762 F seats have aged about as well as Shatner, flying the 762 F instead of the 777 F is highly illogical.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 777 J seat is, IMHO, as good or better.
I agree with everything you said except for this. No amount of Ambien and/or alcohol would convince me that the crappy J seats (on the 777 or 763) are "as good or better" than the fairly comfortable 762 F seats.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
It doesn't have an IFE system (other than audio and cabin-screen movie)
Inflight Theaters (sic) ?

Some pretty pics....
762 F seats & cabin
762 F cabin
More pics
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Fraser
Inflight Theaters (sic) ?

Some pretty pics....
762 F seats & cabin
762 F cabin
More pics
Thanks for that -- I remember your trip report and was going to point the OP in that direction for more info and some useful cabin shots.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I agree with everything you said except for this. No amount of Ambien and/or alcohol would convince me that the crappy J seats (on the 777 or 763) are "as good or better" than the fairly comfortable 762 F seats.
I concur.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.