Phone Automated Award Travel Booking

Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Phone Automated Award Travel Booking

Had to call the Plat desk today and as I was listening through the prompts I heard one that said it was a new Automated Award Travel Booking Feature. So when I asked the girl what it was - she said you just speak the days, destinations, etc. to book your award travel.

Ok, so I ask if you avoid the $15 fee of booking over the phone - she says in most cases no!!!!!!!!! If you are booking more than one ticket you still have to pay the fee or if you are booking under someone else's name you still pay!!

Why bother???
Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Even if it was free who'd go through the time of IVR vs. AA.com for the same thing with a few choices displayed, and all on one page?
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
If the automated award booking by phone feature is as good at recognizing phone voices as the rest of the system is, I can see it could take some time, by the time we revert to phoenetically booking for Papa Hotel India Lima Alpha Delta Echo Lima Poppa Hotel India Alpha to India November Delta India Alpha November Alpha Papa Oscar Lima India Sierra...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.