New Bonus: NRT2X

Old Oct 3, 06, 11:16 am
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat/6MM, MVP 75K, Marriott LT Titanium
New Bonus: NRT2X

Earn Double AAdvantage Miles For Round-Trip Travel Between Chicago O'Hare And Tokyo Narita
Airline:
American Airlines

Award:
Bonus Miles

Bonus Code:
NRT2X
Register today by selecting the red "Register" button below.

Dates:
Book your trip between October 3, 2006 and January 31, 2007.
Travel between October 3, 2006 and January 31, 2007.

Offer:
Earn double miles for each qualifying round trip flown on our nonstop flights between Chicago O'Hare and Tokyo Narita from October 3, 2006, through January 31, 2007 - that's a total of 12,548 bonus miles each time you fly! Just imagine what you can do with all those miles.

To qualify, travel in First Class (fares booked in F or A), Business Class (fares booked in J or D), or Economy Class (fares booked in Y, B, H, K, or L). Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times. Register prior to travel by clicking the red "Register" button below.

Terms and Conditions:
AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid only on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights for round-trip travel (or two one-way transpacific flight segments) between Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and Tokyo, Narita (NRT), October 3, 2006, through January 31, 2007. Promotion applies only to new reservations booked between October 3, 2006, and January 31, 2007. Registration prior to travel is required. To qualify, AAdvantage members must purchase and fly on eligible published fare tickets booked in F, A, J, D, Y, B, H, K, or L. Bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times. Flights operated by our codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion. Bonus miles will be awarded based on the booking class purchased and do not count toward elite status qualification. For the purpose of this promotion, a round trip is defined as travel in the same purchased booking class for both the departure and the return transpacific flight segments. Double miles will be calculated at 100% of the base flight miles earned.

Link
Old Oct 3, 06, 11:56 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Thanks for the post!

Probably to coincide with UA/NH's promotions ?
Old Oct 3, 06, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond
W class fare $729+
Lowest priced eligible class: L class fare $1080+

Is it worth almost 3 cents per mile? I personally don't think so.
Old Oct 3, 06, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
bah! Why aren't these from LAX?!!
Old Oct 12, 06, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); BD GLD; Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Can one do a PLT challenge and qualify by miles/pts on this flight? It is 6000 miles OW.

Is it worth it?
Old Oct 12, 06, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SGP PLT, HH Diamond, Hyatt PLT
Originally Posted by gopherblue
Can one do a PLT challenge and qualify by miles/pts on this flight? It is 6000 miles OW.

Is it worth it?
Yes, the PLT challenge has no conflict with these type of bonus miles whatsoever. Either W or L class can earn you 6,274 EQP (ORD-NRT) .
Old Oct 12, 06, 5:45 pm

Programs: 0.4MM
I was planning to go to NRT anyways, so it's worth the extra $100 to go both ways via ORD instead of out via DFW and back via ORD on the dates I was planning on flying. This promo would work when you connect via ORD, and not just when you originate in ORD (edit: as long as the TPAC segments are ORD-NRT nonstops), right?

Last edited by Torgen; Oct 12, 06 at 6:05 pm
Old Oct 12, 06, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Torgen
I was planning to go to NRT anyways, so it's worth the extra $100 to go both ways via ORD instead of out via DFW and back via ORD on the dates I was planning on flying. This promo would work when you connect via ORD, and not just when you originate in ORD (edit: as long as the TPAC segments are ORD-NRT nonstops), right?
That is how they usually do it.
Old Oct 12, 06, 10:36 pm

Programs: 0.4MM
My reading of the rule about both directions needing to be in the same booking class was that if my outbound is in K, my return needs to be in K. I called the Gold line, and they said it was fine if my outbound was K and my return was L, but (obviously) if my outbound was K and my return was something like Q, that wouldn't work. (perhaps also something like outbound K, return F, would be no good.) Does it sound to those of you experienced in such things that I was given accurate information, or should I call back until I get the right answer, even if it's not the one that would make me happiest now (but would make me happier later, when my bonus miles post like they're supposed to)?
(Edit: I finally got the Gold line to find the rule about both directions being in the same fare class, so they bumped my outbound from K down to L.)

Last edited by Torgen; Oct 13, 06 at 12:52 pm
Old Oct 13, 06, 11:50 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); BD GLD; Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Worth a PLT challenge?

Can someone confirm that this need not be a stand-alone R/T, but could be the ORD-NRT-ORD of a multi-segment R/T?

I am thinking that I could do NYC-ORD-NRT-ORD-NYC for ~$1150, and do a PLT challenge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would reach PLT and receive the PLT bonus for the segment which gets me over 10K EQPs, which is the return leg from NRT.

Thus, the total miles I'd receive would be ~33,500
This works out to 3.5 CPM for the fare, but I'd reach PLT, and the miles I'd earn are basically enough for a ticket to Hawaii. Put another way, I'm thinking that the $1150 gets me a trip to Tokyo and a trip to Maui.

Thoughts? Criticisms?
Old Oct 13, 06, 1:22 pm

Programs: Haven't been flying for a while... :(
Originally Posted by gopherblue
Can someone confirm that this need not be a stand-alone R/T, but could be the ORD-NRT-ORD of a multi-segment R/T?

I am thinking that I could do NYC-ORD-NRT-ORD-NYC for ~$1150, and do a PLT challenge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would reach PLT and receive the PLT bonus for the segment which gets me over 10K EQPs, which is the return leg from NRT.

Thus, the total miles I'd receive would be ~33,500
This works out to 3.5 CPM for the fare, but I'd reach PLT, and the miles I'd earn are basically enough for a ticket to Hawaii. Put another way, I'm thinking that the $1150 gets me a trip to Tokyo and a trip to Maui.

Thoughts? Criticisms?
Looks like that was already answered above. The answer is yes. So long as there's an ORD-NRT-ORD somewhere in the period, in the same booking class each way.

Search this Thread