FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   777 on AA 10 Oct 28 ?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/608143-777-aa-10-oct-28-a.html)

Robt760 Oct 2, 2006 9:58 am

777 on AA 10 Oct 28 ??

FYI I was taking a look at some travel plans and in the process discovered what I thought was an error on aa.com reservations/seats available. LAX to JFK on a 777 ? Thought it was wrong, but then I remembered the D/C of NRT - SJC as of Oct 28, so maybe this the transitional thing. Looks like it's in suites configuration (1-2-1). If it's true, it's a great chance for somebody to check out 777 on transcon.

Now I'm wondering if some lucky people on one of the SJC - LAX eagle flights on Oct 28 are going to get a major equipment change (yeah right).

Indylt Oct 2, 2006 10:49 am

I'm booked on the 777 from SJC to DFW on the 28th, so doesn't look like there will be a SJC-LAX. I imagine there would be enough time for the plane to then go DFW to LAX and do the red eye to JFK, but the schedule doesn't show that.

olimaspecto Oct 2, 2006 1:04 pm

I think that the 777 comes off of LAX-MIA at around that time as well.

FWAAA Oct 2, 2006 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by olimaspecto
I think that the 777 comes off of LAX-MIA at around that time as well.

I'm seeing the LAX-MIA-LAX 777 throughout November and December via ExpertFlyer - has there been an announcement that the 777 goes away on this route?

TR35R Oct 2, 2006 2:21 pm

Looks like it's going to be operating as 3-class flight.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I'm seeing the LAX-MIA-LAX 777 throughout November and December via ExpertFlyer - has there been an announcement that the 777 goes away on this route?

olimaspecto Oct 2, 2006 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA

My memory could very well be outdated, as I guess it is continuing through the end of the year. I seem to remember (but could be wrong) that when this was originally discussed, it was going away end of October, but perhaps not.

AA134 (second LAX-LHR flight) does end (seasonally) after Oct 27, which could somehow contribute to this perhaps?

hillrider Oct 2, 2006 2:44 pm

Back to the OP.

Good catch: AA 10 (leave LAX 2130, arrive JFK 0440+1) is indeed a 777 on Saturday 28 October--as mentioned here, probably an equipment repositioning exactly as olimaspecto hypothesizes (the LHR flight arrives at 1835 and there is no more need in LAX for that 777). It's a dreadful schedule, though!!

mikesairways Oct 6, 2006 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Indylt
I'm booked on the 777 from SJC to DFW on the 28th, so doesn't look like there will be a SJC-LAX. I imagine there would be enough time for the plane to then go DFW to LAX and do the red eye to JFK, but the schedule doesn't show that.

I just made a post in a different forum and just came across this...they added an additional DFW flight on the 28th, flight 2222 departs 12:00PM...when she takes off, that will be the end of sjc being a "major" international airport.

Robt760 Oct 28, 2006 9:54 am

Originally Posted by mikesairways
I just made a post in a different forum and just came across this...they added an additional DFW flight on the 28th, flight 2222 departs 12:00PM...when she takes off, that will be the end of sjc being a "major" international airport.

I wonder if the demise of the A/C in SJC is the next step ? AA will have no Internatn'l Flights as of today.

JGR01 Oct 28, 2006 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
I wonder if the demise of the A/C in SJC is the next step ? AA will have no Internatn'l Flights as of today.

BITE YOUR TONGUE! Do not give AA any ammunition! :mad:

Would be very short sighted of AA.

I mean the SEA club remained for many years after the demise of the MIA-SEA-NRT trip ..

Since it is reported via Press Release that AA is re-opening the BNA AC .. and there are no international flights from there.. the requirement to have an international flight for an AC is not correct currently.

freeupgrade Oct 28, 2006 11:11 am

Yes - I'll be in 4A tonight on AA 10: LAX-JFK.

The joys of life: AA FL and a suite to JFK.

Just doing a quick turn at JFK - taking AA33 back at 7:45 a.m. - tacky 762 - yet F is only booked at 3...

:) :) :) :)

zman Oct 28, 2006 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760
FYI I was taking a look at some travel plans and in the process discovered what I thought was an error on aa.com reservations/seats available. LAX to JFK on a 777 ? Thought it was wrong, but then I remembered the D/C of NRT - SJC as of Oct 28, so maybe this the transitional thing. Looks like it's in suites configuration (1-2-1). If it's true, it's a great chance for somebody to check out 777 on transcon.

Now I'm wondering if some lucky people on one of the SJC - LAX eagle flights on Oct 28 are going to get a major equipment change (yeah right).

Oct. 29 starts the fall schedule. Day after the clocks change. There is major plane re-positioning over the week end. Lot's of 1 day schedule changes.

CO FF Oct 29, 2006 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
Back to the OP.

Good catch: AA 10 (leave LAX 2130, arrive JFK 0440+1) is indeed a 777 on Saturday 28 October--as mentioned here, probably an equipment repositioning exactly as olimaspecto hypothesizes (the LHR flight arrives at 1835 and there is no more need in LAX for that 777). It's a dreadful schedule, though!!

This is the regular "early" redeye LAX-JFK -- but (as zman noted) it's clock change night, so it appears to arrive at the ungodly hour of 440am.

I'm not sure why - when there are only 2 redeyes LAX-JFK - the first one goes out so early. Is there that high a percentage of NYers who want/need to redeye back from SoCal, and then plan on going home before going to work?

During the summer, AA ran 3 redeyes: 9:15p-5:30a, 10:15p-6:30a, and 11:30p-7:45a. My favorite is the middle one - because you usually arrive before the worst of the rush hour traffic, but not totally off typical sleep times.

FWAAA Oct 29, 2006 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by CO FF
I'm not sure why - when there are only 2 redeyes LAX-JFK - the first one goes out so early. Is there that high a percentage of NYers who want/need to redeye back from SoCal, and then plan on going home before going to work?

Dunno, but it is good for the early bank of various Caribbean connections (plus the early BDA flight) that depart at 7:00am - 7:30am. When operating, the middle redeye (6:30am arrival) would work but those of us who prefer leisurely connections - as opposed to rushed and, inevitably, missed connections - don't mind getting to NYC at 0530.