FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Schedule changes on 10/2, starting after 12/8 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/608045-schedule-changes-10-2-starting-after-12-8-a.html)

IceTrojan Oct 2, 2006 2:25 am

Schedule changes on 10/2, starting after 12/8

Title says it... check your schedule, seems like another wave of schedule changes. The changes occur for flights after 12/8 sometime (but at least on or before 12/14).

yyzflyer Oct 2, 2006 3:31 am

Thanks. Saw your post almost immediately and just spent an hour on the phone with AA sorting them out.

DallasAudiGuy Oct 2, 2006 4:28 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Title says it... check your schedule, seems like another wave of schedule changes. The changes occur for flights after 12/8 sometime (but at least on or before 12/14).

Thanks for the update! The upgrade request for the return leg of my DFW-LAS-DFW flight in early January fell off

travelbuff Oct 2, 2006 12:16 pm

Thanks for the heads-up ^ We actually got better seats for the flight and the CSR was very accommodating!

Hayvenhurst Oct 2, 2006 1:49 pm

Thanks for the information!

badjuju Oct 2, 2006 2:06 pm

no email for me

nako Oct 2, 2006 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by badjuju
no email for me

That doesn't mean that there wasn't a schedule change on any of your itineraries. AA doesn't always send out notification on schedule changes.

Mike

lalala Oct 2, 2006 2:51 pm

I have a schedule change as well, seems like we have another hour to kill in the FL in ORD before our flight to London.

Exciting as it sounds, it isn't.

j3823x Oct 2, 2006 6:16 pm

Definitely thanks much. Each of my upcoming itineraries has a change of some sort, whether a time change or flight changes with lost upgrade requests.

tom911 Oct 2, 2006 10:04 pm

I noticed a change on a London itinerary for Feb, which intially had a deliberate 2:30 connection at DFW. The flight # changed, and the computer moved me to a later flight, giving me just 45 mins to connect. Might be legal, but didn't make me comfortable. I called the EXP desk last night and moved to an earlier SFO-DFW to work around the change.

g1ant Oct 2, 2006 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by DallasAudiGuy
Thanks for the update! The upgrade request for the return leg of my DFW-LAS-DFW flight in early January fell off

Yes, thanks from me too. One of my flights changed time by 5 minutes, but changed flight number, and the upgrade request was ditched.

a.

kanebear Oct 2, 2006 10:27 pm

Yep... FINALLY learning how to ticket in Sabre and had the first PNR I did pop up a few days ago for a coworkers' CRP-DFW-EWR-DFW-CRP flights in late December. That was fun to sort out... but NOW I know how!

CloudCoder Oct 3, 2006 12:38 am

This latest batch of schedule changes brought good news. An upcoming flight was changed so that it leaves 2 minutes later than before. A previously illegal connection just became legal.

Net result is that we can get from LHR to home on the same day instead of overnighting in DFW. I called EXP desk and explained how I would have surely booked that connection if it had been available back when I bought the tickets. EXP desk saw the logic. Now we're confirmed on last flight home of the evening, instead of first flight the next morning.

DENROC Oct 3, 2006 5:35 am

Thanx for the heads up

EdV Oct 3, 2006 9:24 am

Originally Posted by DallasAudiGuy
The upgrade request for the return leg of my DFW-LAS-DFW flight in early January fell off

I too had an upgrade request fall off for my outbound BOS-SJU (return okay). I of course went in and requested again. :-: But my question is, now does my upgrade request revert to the time I originally requested (ie, before schedule change) or my "new" request time? :confused:

Or does the date of purchase trump all of that and this does not make a difference?

CloudCoder Oct 3, 2006 9:38 am

Originally Posted by EdV
I too had an upgrade request fall off for my outbound BOS-SJU (return okay). I of course went in and requested again. :-: But my question is, now does my upgrade request revert to the time I originally requested (ie, before schedule change) or my "new" request time? :confused:

How on earth would the computer know the original time of something which << poof >> disappeared? :confused:

If it's any consolation, when your request went bye-bye, so did everyone else's on that same flight.

EdV Oct 3, 2006 9:44 am

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
How on earth would the computer know the original time of something which << poof >> disappeared? :confused:

Well, there could be a backup type list - it's quite common in the databases I work on. Though that is assuming quite a bit for AA. :D

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
If it's any consolation, when your request went bye-bye, so did everyone else's on that same flight.

That is true, I did not think of that! ^ Still doesn't quite answer my question whether it's based on time of upgrade request or original ticketing time (all within elite level of course).

And like a good FTer, I of course requested the day I got my email. :cool:

CloudCoder Oct 3, 2006 10:54 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Still doesn't quite answer my question whether it's based on time of upgrade request or original ticketing time (all within elite level of course).

If your upgrade clears in advance, it's a moot point. Yet I believe it's based on time of upgrade request.

If it goes to a tie-breaker situation at the gate, it's based on time of check-in.

cliff31420 Oct 3, 2006 5:42 pm

Under the new schedule, it looks like AA is finally replacing those crappy MD-80s with more widebody flight and even a couple of 763's. That's the way to go!!

IceTrojan Oct 3, 2006 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by cliff31420
Under the new schedule, it looks like AA is finally replacing those crappy MD-80s with more widebody flight and even a couple of 763's. That's the way to go!!

You might want to share which routes those are... I sure don't see a 763 on my LAX-SFO flight :p

cliff31420 Oct 3, 2006 5:58 pm

You might want to share which routes those are... I sure don't see a 763 on my LAX-SFO flight :p

Oopz......I don't know why I neglect to say. It's DFW-LAX-DFW. They use to have a 777 couple of years back.

yyzflyer Oct 3, 2006 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by cliff31420

Only because the MD-80's will be replacing the departing TWA 757's on other routes.