Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com Discount Code

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2006, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Question AA.com Discount Code

Hi, I need to know if there's anywhere I could get a discount code for an AA ticket. I'm leaving from San Juan, PR and going to San Diego, Ca from 02/16/07 to 02/19/07. It's for a wedding, but I'm a student and paying $490.00 for a 3day stay is a little uphill. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Forget AA direct.

Check out:
www.studentuniverse.com
www.statravel.com
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
LOL!

That should be required viewing.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Red face Already tried

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Forget AA direct.

Check out:
www.studentuniverse.com
www.statravel.com
I tried but since I live in Puerto Rico it doesn't apply to me. It has to be continental US only.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by tay1803
Hi, I need to know if there's anywhere I could get a discount code for an AA ticket. I'm leaving from San Juan, PR and going to San Diego, Ca from 02/16/07 to 02/19/07. It's for a wedding, but I'm a student and paying $490.00 for a 3day stay is a little uphill. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
If you know someone with a 2007 Entertainment Book, there is a code there for 5 percent off. Most often, 5 percent is the usual discount for these codes, so you aren't going to save much. Doing a Kayak search, the best fare was $439 all in, on DL. I don't see much you can do to get it lower. Do you have the mileage for an award? There are seats available for those dates from SJU- SAN.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Excellent!

Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Gold VIP
As mentioned earlier, if you have the time, you can buy an entertainment book. Otherwise, there is a 5% coupon on ebay for $14.99 (which is probably the entertainment book coupon). There is also a 10% coupon, but you have to travel by this december.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by mvoight
If you know someone with a 2007 Entertainment Book, there is a code there for 5 percent off. Most often, 5 percent is the usual discount for these codes, so you aren't going to save much. Doing a Kayak search, the best fare was $439 all in, on DL. I don't see much you can do to get it lower. Do you have the mileage for an award? There are seats available for those dates from SJU- SAN.

mvoight -- this was really nice of you to check these options out for the OP.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Bear in mind, this is also President's Day weekend. Airfare to/from the Caribbean is usually very high then - I concur that fares aren't likely to go much lower. I think the idea to look for a discount code is a good one (but don't have any ideas other than what has been mentioned).
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:44 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Contact the happy couple in SAN.

If they have many friends like you who will be flying in from all parts of the world, they may have established a 'discount' code for the wedding event.

I'm not certain how it works .. but look here on aa.com for the details.

It might help.

The other option would be to use the date-flexible option to try +/- one or two days to see if the fare drops down lower. In my opinion, it is fairly decent at the price you mention.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
are you sure? is it one time use code?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by qqqgnss
are you sure? is it one time use code?
Yes, the Entertainment book coupons are one-time use codes.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by stl2112
Yes, the Entertainment book coupons are one-time use codes.
for all regions? or just for some cities? I know EB has different versions for different cities. thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Unfortunately, I'm using my 20% off code for travel in a few weeks. Maybe a generous FT'er can give you theirs.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mister_blonde
LOL!

That should be required viewing.
^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.