FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Anyone else having assigned seats lost? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/607549-anyone-else-having-assigned-seats-lost.html)

cigarman Sep 30, 2006 11:57 am

Anyone else having assigned seats lost?

My last three trips I had an assigned seat. Yet, somehow a day or two before my flight they became unassigned. Each time I ended up with a horrible seat. Middle row coach etc. An I am an EXP. I could understand being bumped by an air marshall when I was in business, as a possible answer. But to lose an aisle in row 24??? Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Also when I made a reservation it didn't automatically assign me a seat on one leg when there were available Seats. Is it just me?

swag Sep 30, 2006 11:59 am

Hasn't happened to me lately, but I guess the usual cause is change of equipment, or sometimes change of schedule (especially if the flt # changes).

I find it doesn't auto-assign me if all that is left are exit row (you need to click to certify yourself) and/or middle seats (undesirable).

cigarman Sep 30, 2006 12:17 pm

Thanks for the thoughts. But no equipment changes or schedule changes. I think the software has gone insane, or something?

DallasAudiGuy Sep 30, 2006 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by cigarman
My last three trips I had an assigned seat. Yet, somehow a day or two before my flight they became unassigned. Each time I ended up with a horrible seat. Middle row coach etc. An I am an EXP. I could understand being bumped by an air marshall when I was in business, as a possible answer. But to lose an aisle in row 24??? Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Also when I made a reservation it didn't automatically assign me a seat on one leg when there were available Seats. Is it just me?

try logging onto aa.com, changing around your reservation preferences, saving them, logging out, logging back in, and changing them to where you want them.

Also -for the next 3-4 flights, call to confirm your seat assignment when you make the reservation, and again the day before the flight

inlanikai Sep 30, 2006 2:24 pm

Upcoming Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday flights are OK. But thanks for the heads up. ^

alien Sep 30, 2006 4:05 pm

4 flights through 2/07, US and International,coach and biz, all OK.

RachelG Sep 30, 2006 4:41 pm

Lost my seat in F 2 weeks ago. I usually check in 24 hrs before this flight and print out my boarding pass, but I was incredibly busy at work and didn't have time till about 3 hrs before. I tried to check in online, and it told me I would have to at the airport. And my seat in F was gone. No way to get the airport early due to work. At the airport, there were no seats left in F (they had given some away to non-revs by the look of things) and I ended up in the middle of row 12. The gate agent said there was another guy with the same problem--she thought the computer system had gone crazy again.

925 Sep 30, 2006 6:32 pm

OT, but I lost my second (last) leg upgrade request on 4 of seven reservations I made the other day. I can't believe it was a system malfunction, and I can't believe it was a cockpit error.

I just don't know what to make of it. It was fixed easily enough. But if I hadn't have caught it... I'd have been frustrated.

Elusive Sep 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Lots of times I get separated from the person I am travelling with although we have selected seats together just 1 day before the flight. When I ask how it happened, they the GA replies well some other group probably wanted to sit together so you have been moved.

twenex Sep 30, 2006 8:35 pm

Heck, I've got to the gate with a printed boarding pass to get the "SEAT DUP" error on checkin, to find I've been moved.

Seems to be really random, though, because my wife and I (both of us EXPs) were trying to sit together on a flight recently (an intl one to boot), and they wouldn't move us before the 72 hour mark, after or even at the gate. Really bad form on AA's part, if you ask me.

Indo-flyer Sep 30, 2006 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by cigarman
Thanks for the thoughts. But no equipment changes or schedule changes. I think the software has gone insane, or something?

In addition to those, also had it happen because of gate assignment change.
Can be frustrating though.