AA 767-300 Row 41 - How bad is it?

Old Sep 29, 06, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, Hertz #1 Gold, Starwood Gold
AA 767-300 Row 41 - How bad is it?

I'm flying in a party of 2 from ZRH to DFW on an AA 767-300, economy. The only A/B or H/J seats available are in row 41 A&B. Seatguru notes the limited recline of these seats and their proximity to the lavs.

Just how bad are these seats? (Obviously that depends in part on how smelly the bathroom happens to be on this flight.) We're normally happy to put up the armrest and increase the seat pitch, but how limited is the recline? Should I take a middle and aisle in the center section?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can share their experiences or recommendations.
Old Sep 29, 06, 9:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome, shawnrobel.

First, it appears SeatGuru says there is impaired seat pitch in 41H and J, so I would avoid them. (Seat pitch* can not be ameliorated by raising a seat arm - it is the distance, point to point, between seat rows... more pertinent to "leg room" than seat width.) I think you are basically stuck with 41 AB, at least according to SeatGuru - it's surviveable, as I have done DFW-ZRH in 13G and I am 6'4" / 193 cm (I'd have been more ocmfortable on the daytime return flight,) but I'd watch the seat assignment chart and arrive at the airport early and see if I could score an exit seat vacated by an elite flyer upgraded to J with a VIP systemwide upgrade or miles and copay, which can happen very close to departure on this popular flight.

Second, since you are new here, I will take the opportunity to point out some useful tools that can make your stay here more enjoyable and productive. Accessible via the Help Menu above right, are a New User's Guide, Guidelines and Rules, FAQs and more tools, like an Airport Code Lookup and Glossary. There is also an airline Wiki available via the Extras menu, and much more. The Search function is also a huge asset, which allows us to look for answers to questions that may have been asked before, etc. so we don't have to start new threads when those may already exist.

Cheers, and wishes for a good flight, JDiver
(Moderator, American AAdvantage Forum)

* Seat pitch: The distance measured between a seat back and the seat back in front of it. Actually, it can be measured from any point on a seat to the SAME point on the next row of seats. FlyerTalk Glossary.
Old Sep 29, 06, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, Hertz #1 Gold, Starwood Gold
Thanks for the response! And now I've got a good definition of "seat pitch."

Much appreciated.
Old Sep 29, 06, 10:28 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Row 41? What's that?

I didn't realize there was anything past Row 6.

Old Sep 30, 06, 1:53 am
TR35R

Sounds like you're going to open Pandora's box.
Originally Posted by shawnwrobel
The only A/B or H/J seats available are in row 41 A&B. Seatguru notes the limited recline of these seats and their proximity to the lavs.
Have a lovely flight, there should be a hope remaining inside the box.

Old Sep 30, 06, 8:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's the hold for the SLF*! I've done that...

* Self-Loading Freight, despective airline terminology for passengers used by disgruntled employees. Have you ever seen a gruntled employee?

Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Row 41? What's that?

I didn't realize there was anything past Row 6.

Search this Thread