Wiki Posts
Search

STL Security Lines---potentially longer for next 9 months

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Exclamation STL Security Lines---potentially longer for next 9 months

Was just talking with an AAgent at the STL A/C. She wanted to make sure I knew that the "American" (C) concourse security lines may be longer in the mornings, especially on Saturday mornings: Charter airlines (USA 3000, ATA, etc.) based out of the East Terminal will have their pax go thru Secuirty at the "Main" terminal, C concourse for the next 9 months, instead of the East Terminal. A big change that frequent fliers would notice is that Saturday mornings, which according to her (and in my experience as well) can be pretty dead around STL...that's about to change on Saturdays at least.

She suggested that American's A/C members checking into STL give the A/C a call prior to coming if they need a heads-up on the waits, but to not assume that it will be dead as usual (as in, arrive barely before your flight boards w/ no worries). Just an hedz-up.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
But, they do have a priority elite line.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 9:31 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I'm flying on a segment run to CLE tomorrow (76 down, 24 to go). I'll report back on how things are about 9am.

Greg
Old Sep 29, 2006, 9:34 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nologic
There is an elite line at STL.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
A lot of times the main security line at STL can be faster than the Premium line...since the Premium line so nicely merges into the SSSS line. Not everyone in there is SSSS (they check BP's), but it moves slower than the rest.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying tomorrow morning as well...we'll see.

I've already got a "guest" taker , and would be happy to guest another if anyone else is flying outta' STL tomorrow and needs to recover from the potential zoo.

Last edited by skye1; Sep 29, 2006 at 10:46 pm
Old Sep 30, 2006, 2:17 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by GregL
I'm flying on a segment run to CLE tomorrow (76 down, 24 to go). I'll report back on how things are about 9am.

Greg
wow - we are really, really close on segments. tomorow i do segments 74 and 75....

Keep on trucking - you'll get there....
Old Sep 30, 2006, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I'm flying on a segment run to CLE tomorrow (76 down, 24 to go).
I thought I was done at 100... but NOOOOOO my segment counter continues to tick upward... sloooowly....

Currently at 111, will end up at around 135. Maybe I didn't need those runs to STL
Old Sep 30, 2006, 6:46 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
wow - we are really, really close on segments. tomorow i do segments 74 and 75....

Keep on trucking - you'll get there....
Oops. I miscounted. 78 down, 22 to go.

I do 79 through 82 today. 83 through 86 tomorrow. Based on some reservations I held last night, I'll qualify on a DTW-ORD flight on November 5.

Greg
Old Sep 30, 2006, 7:38 am
Original Poster

At 8am this morning, the lines weren't bad at all...pretty good, actually. BUT, from my "experience' the "zoo potential" would have been earlier in the day, say between 5-6am, when people are catching first flights out to MIA, DFW, ORD, etc.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 6:38 pm

I followed Skye at about 9am this morning. The lines at the C/D checkpoint were the shortest I've ever seen (3-4 people at the WTMD).

Greg

82 segments down, 18 to go!
Old Oct 1, 2006, 6:15 pm

On my segment run today, I arrived at the C/D checkpoint just after 8am. The lines were *significantly* longer than Saturday but not horrendous. I would say allow 15 minutes if you are not able to use the Premium checkpoint.

Greg
Old Oct 1, 2006, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Yup. It's called the B gates .
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I followed Skye at about 9am this morning. The lines at the C/D checkpoint were the shortest I've ever seen (3-4 people at the WTMD).

Greg

82 segments down, 18 to go!
Went through at 11 A.M. on Sat., Sept. 30. Two lines open, one elite and one regular. About 6 people in each. Two minutes to get through.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
Oops. I miscounted. 78 down, 22 to go.

I do 79 through 82 today. 83 through 86 tomorrow. Based on some reservations I held last night, I'll qualify on a DTW-ORD flight on November 5.

Greg
I did 69-72 this weekend. I have 73-80 booked and 81-96 planned. That could be where my business flying stops for the year. Of course I WILL book another 4-segmentflight to nowhere if I HAVE to.

(Has this thread now been hijacked? )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.