Four-hour layover in Montreal

Old Sep 26, 2006, 5:03 pm

Programs: Oneworld & Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Alfonso XIV
Every indication is that my Admirals Club membership is worthless in Montreal (no lounge and no affiliates?)
Do you have AC membership only? Or are you PLT or above in AA? Or travelling business/first class? If yes to some of those, there is a BA lounge, and they might take pity on you as a OneWorld elite member...however, I'd guess it's in the International zone of YUL, and not the area for US departures.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 5:14 pm

deleted
Old Sep 26, 2006, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by itinerantnomad
Do you have AC membership only? Or are you PLT or above in AA? Or travelling business/first class? If yes to some of those, there is a BA lounge, and they might take pity on you as a OneWorld elite member...however, I'd guess it's in the International zone of YUL, and not the area for US departures.
Oneworld lounge admission benefits apply only when traveling internationally on Oneworld airlines, and, despite what you may have read to the contrary in this thread, Swiss is not now, and never has been, a Oneworld member. While the BA lounge dragons might take pity on the OP, they are not world-renouned as soft touches.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by gemac
Oneworld lounge admission benefits apply only when traveling internationally on Oneworld airlines, and, despite what you may have read to the contrary in this thread, Swiss is not now, and never has been, a Oneworld member. While the BA lounge dragons might take pity on the OP, they are not world-renouned as soft touches.
On top of all that, the lounge BA uses at YUL is a shared lounge, so oneworld status won't matter at all.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:59 am
Original Poster

OP here, finally getting back to this thread.

FWIW, I'm PLAT, flying Swiss in First, on an AA award ticket. The routing through YUL allowed me to use a PlAAnAhead award. We're a couple flying on the award, so the savings in miles was worth it.

I appreciate all the suggestions. The best seems trying to stand by for the earlier flight to ORD.

Thanks to all for your advice,
Alfonso

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.