Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage stopover question...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

AAdvantage stopover question...

If traveling from Asia zone 2 to the U.S., is it correct that I can make one stopover per itinerary, within Asia...

Am I ALSO allowed to make stopovers, in both directions, in my north american "gateway" city? Example: Hong Kong/LAX (stopover) LAX/NEW YORK (final destination); NY/LAX (stopover), LAX/TOKYO (stopover); Tokyo/Hong kong.

I'm getting so much conflicting into from American on this. I know in the past I could do this without problem, not sure about now. Any help appreciated.

Semi related: I was told Asia/US travel must be via the pacific. I asked about going from Singapore to the U.S. via Australia (not much further than going via Japan)... American told me i can't transit via Australia... but going via Australia is STILL going via the Pacific... right??
Old Sep 26, 2006, 3:49 am

Programs: UA-Million Miler, AA, CX, Shangri-La, Hyatt, HH, Bonvoy
Might be South Pacific. Check the same rules as your frequent flyer redemption.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by flyrights
If traveling from Asia zone 2 to the U.S., is it correct that I can make one stopover per itinerary, within Asia...

Am I ALSO allowed to make stopovers, in both directions, in my north american "gateway" city? Example: Hong Kong/LAX (stopover) LAX/NEW YORK (final destination); NY/LAX (stopover), LAX/TOKYO (stopover); Tokyo/Hong kong.

I'm getting so much conflicting into from American on this. I know in the past I could do this without problem, not sure about now. Any help appreciated.

Semi related: I was told Asia/US travel must be via the pacific. I asked about going from Singapore to the U.S. via Australia (not much further than going via Japan)... American told me i can't transit via Australia... but going via Australia is STILL going via the Pacific... right??

there is a wonderful sticky at the top of the page. Explains all the rules....
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
People are only alowed to read the stickies after they are told to read the stickies after posting something here already in the stickies. Don't you know the rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.