Wiki Posts
Search

Best food at / in DFW for AA (and other) flyers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by george 3
Good takeout for dinner?
Everything there is pretty solid when comparing what one of their freestanding restaurants would serve compared to a contract outfit run version. Food is definitely made from scratch/fresh style and not reheated premade food.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Robt760
Everything there is pretty solid when comparing what one of their freestanding restaurants would serve compared to a contract outfit run version. Food is definitely made from scratch/fresh style and not reheated premade food.
Excellent. Any of the freestanding Pappa's restaurants are good ( Pappacito's, Pappas BBQ, and Pappadeaux) so is good that the airport version of this one isn't watered down.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Pappacito's is very good, love them fish tacos!!

Excellent. Any of the freestanding Pappa's restaurants are good ( Pappacito's, Pappas BBQ, and Pappadeaux) so is good that the airport version of this one isn't watered down.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, FB Gold
Discovered that the storied Pappadeaux luncheon buffet is being offered FOR THE LAST TIME today, Friday, 2/21.

Never tried it, but was about to -- so I can't say if the "stories" were worth a damn.

RIP.

Last edited by rdrnnr; Feb 21, 2014 at 2:03 am
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
DFW, imo, has the best restaurant offerings of any airport I've flown through (albeit limited to DFW, ORD, SNA, LAX - horrible, LHR, CDG, PDX, SEA, SFO, PHX, TUL, DUS, STL, CVG). I actually go out of my way to book flights through DFW that will give me time to go to Pappasito's for lunch or dinner!

Last edited by elc2414; Feb 21, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by elc2414
DFW, imo, has the best restaurant offerings of any airport I've flown through (albeit limited to DFW, ORD, SNA, LAX - horrible, LHR, CDG, PDX, SEA, SFO, PHX, TUL, DUS, STL, CVG). I actually go out of my way to book flights through DFW that will give me time to go to Pappacito's for lunch or dinner!
I actually think that LHR (T3) has a pretty nice selection (only notables listed):

Oriel French Restaurant and Bar
Strada
Caffè Italia
Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar

DFW is bad, by any means, and there are multiple terminals one can select from, time permitting. Ironically our favorite thing is to grab some Popeye's spicy chicken and take to the AC to enjoy with some cold brews..
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Any of the freestanding Pappa's restaurants are good ( Pappacito's, Pappas BBQ, and Pappadeaux)
I would add that Pappas Bros. is my preferred steakhouse. I won't say "best" to avoid the inevitable and pointless argument that would follow.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:44 pm

We'll be flying through DFW several times in the next few months... anyone have some preferred "decent food" restaurants there?

We really like Pappadeaux, but read that they don't have the quick buffet anymore.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by scubamom
We'll be flying through DFW several times in the next few months... anyone have some preferred "decent food" restaurants there?

We really like Pappadeaux, but read that they don't have the quick buffet anymore.
Well, well, well...look who happens to be at the top of one list of best restaurants in airports!

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/u-s-air...255301782.html
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Longhornmaniac8
Well, well, well...look who happens to be at the top of one list of best restaurants in airports!

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/u-s-air...255301782.html
I saw this too. Couldn't really believe it...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:02 am

Ling and Louis in Terminal A is one of my favorites. Then just hop across the walkway to Ice Box for dessert! Yum
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by scubamom

Try Papacito's they have a good to go set up. Not buffet though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.