Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best food at / in DFW for AA (and other) flyers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2010, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I'm not trying to be contentious, but "cheap" is highly subjective. Almost all airport food is cheap. How cheap does it need to be to make it unnecessary for the OP (of the now-merged thread) to buy food in MIA and haul it to DFW for consumption? We're missing some important information here.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vasantn
I'm not trying to be contentious, but "cheap" is highly subjective. Almost all airport food is cheap. How cheap does it need to be to make it unnecessary for the OP (of the now-merged thread) to buy food in MIA and haul it to DFW for consumption? We're missing some important information here.
Well, FT members have posted some dam cheap eats, but we don't know if that is cheap enough, because the OP (of the now-merged thread) doesn't care enough to hang around and read the answers. I can't worry about it if he doesn't.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Spending at most $10 pp is best. In addition, I don't want to buy bad or overpriced food. We will be returning from MGA, so we won't be able to bring in much food, but what we do bring will be lunch at MIA, then to DFW, then to PDX ,then 2 hr drive home. So we will want to break up the long day with a meal at DFW.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Azulcactus
+1 on Pappasitos and their sister resturant, Papadeaux http://www.pappadeaux.com/location/?id=125 (Pappasito's is texmex, Papadeaux is more creole/cajun with a seafood focus).
I was really happy when Pappadeaux opened in October. It always seems to me that there is a lot of menu overlap among the nicer restaurants in Terminal D.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Delta Platinum Medallion,AMEX Plat,Hyatt GP Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LewDog
Cousins BBQ is outstanding.

Best,
Lewis
Yes - consistently tasty and served quickly. One of my favorites when passing through DFW.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
A little pricey, but I had very good dinner last week at Cool River Cafe near the AC in D.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:56 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by SFO777
A little pricey, but I had very good dinner last week at Cool River Cafe near the AC in D.
this is my favorite place for dinner in all of the aa airports ( second goes to figs in lga) and if you sit at the bar the bartenders are really nice guys. for breakfast or brunch i tend to go to tigins for the irish breakfast.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat
First timer through DFW...

A normal Delta flier finds himself connecting through a foreign airport next week... DFW!!!! Anyone have a suggestion of where to take a family of four (all adults) for a good 2 hour meal?

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This will soon be sent to the <deleted>, (inserted: this thread) where it belongs.

For now, you have pretty much shackled us - not a clue about what you or your family prefer to eat, other than the time you have to spend.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 18, 2010 at 6:08 pm
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Marriot Platinum/UA Premier
http://www.dfwairport.com/shops/find...pe=restaurants

You will be in terminal E - you can also take skylink train and eat in other terminal.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Nice contributory first post, orasparkle! Welcome to FlyerTalk!

With SkyTrain, the entire DFW airport terminals system is the OP's oyster to open.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Marriot Platinum/UA Premier
Smile

Originally Posted by JDiver
Nice contributory first post, orasparkle! Welcome to FlyerTalk!

With SkyTrain, the entire DFW airport terminals system is the OP's oyster to open.
Thanks JDiver!
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:14 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, orasparkle!

See that you joined a few months ago...glad to see that you've decided to jump in.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by mtsublueraider
A normal Delta flier finds himself connecting through a foreign airport next week... DFW!!!! Anyone have a suggestion of where to take a family of four (all adults) for a good 2 hour meal?

Thanks!
IMHO, Terminal D has the best overall selection, around the mid-20's gates.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond, IC Priority Club Gold
Yep, take the Skylink to Terminal D. Cousins and Railhead BBQ are both not bad, but overall that terminal has the most variety for food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.