Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of Premium Services Clubs (non-Admirals Club and non-FL)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aa4ever
So is this an AA operated lounge or is it contracted out? Is it just for AA passengers?
AA lounge, with AAish staff. The AA staff at the airport were contracted to some degree...none had the standard AA uniform...but she was quite AA knowledgeable, so it was not contracted rabble staff...and it was an AA-only lounge.

Cheers.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:13 pm
Suspended

While ACs supposedly have some type of profit/loss equation they have to satisfy to open or stay open/open, these lounges were a carryover from picking up EA's route system years ago and in some places, a management decision that AA needed to have a premium lounge to support its premium class passengers and VIPs (perhaps because at that point it was deemed there were no good alternatives at the airport). I believe they are a function of the Latin America/Caribbean division out of MIA instead of the ACs which are managed from DFW HQ.

There are at least several of these lounges around and there have been threads about them. At one point, I believe there was also one in BGI that has been closed.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Great thread - let's see how many we can list! I think ricktoronto mentioned one in MGA, but I am too lagged to look properly.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:40 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
Great thread - let's see how many we can list! I think ricktoronto mentioned one in MGA, but I am too lagged to look properly.
Cool. I will keep a running list in the first post. If I see any entries here I'll edit my OP to include those...and try to do justice to master-threadness.

Cheers.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:51 pm

About half a year ago we had a thread listing the AA Premium Service Clubs, including the Business Class lounges.... it can be found over at http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588275. I like the idea of using this is a master list, though... or perhaps this would be a good topic for the Wiki...
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:54 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbessler
About half a year ago we had a thread listing the AA Premium Service Clubs, including the Business Class lounges.... it can be found over at http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588275. I like the idea of using this is a master list, though... or perhaps this would be a good topic for the Wiki...
Well, I guess "Business Class Lounge" was not the right search term . That one is certainly a more complete list...

Cheers.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
There is one run by the airport. NO access AA passengers (J) without payment $35 US. Worth it, though , as it has a private security entrance and free snacks and 3 drinks in the tariff. Free wifi and wired-fi (?) as well. Someone posted that AA gives out admit chits, this is completely wrong, AA told me and the VIP staff told me as well.

COPA passengers in C (J) it is free. Nicaraguans with certain Credomatic VISA cards get a discount.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Has anyone been to the Swiss lounge in ZRH lately?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:13 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Do Airport Run lounges count if access is complimentary based on Business Class travel?

BDA has one http://www.bermudaairport.com/site/308/default.aspx that is in the US Departures wing. Tho the hours are only good for the mid-day JFK (and seasonal BOS) flight (not sure about MIA).

There was/is/was an American 'lounge' that supposedly was closed about 9/11 that was unstaffed and you were given the 'combination' to the door lock past the smoking lounge room .. but it was never open during my trips there a couple years back. Not sure it ever re-opened.

So Bermuda does have a lounge for all airline's Business Class travelers with some internet access and coffee as I recall. Free!

============================

Its also been a couple of years since I was to Barbados but I recall BGI has a 'Caribe Club' of some sort that AA Business pax get access to but it does require an invite from the ticket counter...

Last edited by JGR01; Feb 28, 2007 at 7:34 pm
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:14 pm

PVR (Puerta Vallarta, Mexico).

No AA or OW lounge, but admitted as J passenger w/EXP card + 1 guest. Guest was in J also, so I think the EXP card did the trick.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spiff
PVR (Puerta Vallarta, Mexico).

No AA or OW lounge, but admitted as J passenger w/EXP card + 1 guest. Guest was in J also, so I think the EXP card did the trick.
Was this a MX lounge?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
An old thread mentioned that MVD had an AA VIP lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Was this a MX lounge?
Yes, I believe it was.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:34 am

Programs: AA PLT MM
brp, great idea. Since these may be some more obscure locations, may I suggest we include the full location name and not just the airport abbreviation in your OP. (though I hope to get to AUA soon )

It may also be useful to include some location description within the terminal as you update your OP.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've been to the one in MVD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.