Wiki Posts
Search

AA Codeshare-- Alaska Air, unassigned seats

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HH GLD
AA Codeshare-- Alaska Air, unassigned seats

I am flying an AA codeshare on Alaska Airlines, and one of my set of flights has unassigned seats. Is there anyway to get assigned seats or do I just wait till I get to the airport? Does anyone know the best contact number?

Thanks!

FutureCEO1982
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:31 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by FutureCEO1982
I am flying an AA codeshare on Alaska Airlines, and one of my set of flights has unassigned seats. Is there anyway to get assigned seats or do I just wait till I get to the airport? Does anyone know the best contact number?

Thanks!

FutureCEO1982
Phone AS at 1-800-252-7522 and ask them for your (AS) locator. You ought to be able to log onto alaskaair.com and pick a seat.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by FutureCEO1982

Thanks!

FutureCEO1982
It IS possible. From all the things it's NOT useful for, Business ExtrAA has never failed me in not only getting me seat assignments, but exit row seats as well (reserved for AS elites).

I imagine the PLT line can do the same thing... you might have to try a couple times though
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Call AS for your seat assignments. Here's the contact information (which is very easy to find on alaskaair.com): 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522)

http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/help/contacts/HelpRes.asp
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Global Services , Marriott Platinum
If you have your Alaska ticket number (will start with 027), you can go directly to alaskaair.com and click on View/Change an Existing Reservation under Reservations. Your Confirmation code from AA is not the same as the AS one. If you don't want to call/email AS to get their confirmation code, the e-ticket number works for changing seats in the res and checking in online.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Before I was told that AA couldn't assign seats for AS... but, I guess I was fibbed to before by an agent. The agent I just called got me into exit row seats...

I appreciate it!

Thanks,

FUTURECEO1982
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS, UA
About 4 minutes ago I had an AAgent give me an exit row seat on an AS flight. I called the Gold line.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:56 pm
21A

Am I correct in assuming there's no way for an AA elite to get exit row seats on a non-codeshare (AS ticket)?

I'm looking at the same fare, but AA's with a $100 change fee and AS's with $50. Since the AA codeshare allows prereserving exit rows, though, I'm leaning toward that.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by 21A
Am I correct in assuming there's no way for an AA elite to get exit row seats on a non-codeshare (AS ticket)?

I'm looking at the same fare, but AA's with a $100 change fee and AS's with $50. Since the AA codeshare allows prereserving exit rows, though, I'm leaning toward that.
That would be correct. If you are reasonably sure you're not going to change the ticket, go with the AA codeshare.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Thanks for this advice. I have started to fly these code shares. It just didn't dawn on me that Alaska might have another record locator for my flight: I had to call and get seats.

I'll say one thing about Alaska, they really respect the AA elite status. I found the customer service at the airport to be excellent. For example, I went up to the counter and asked for a seat change so I could be in the first boarding class. He explained that Alaska does thing different and that they would call elites from partner airlines first (this happened in Seattle, but not at LAX); he moved me up to the bulkhead. He said something like "since you want to be on first, you probably want to get off first too": he read my mind! Kudos to Alaska!
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:52 am
Original Poster

I have also been very impressed with AS... does anyone know if they match status? Just a low AA PLT here... I fly AS often, so might be wise to build status as well with them.

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

FutureCEO1982
Old Aug 8, 2006, 1:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
They just matched me from EXP to MVP Gold about a month ago. If you do a search (on this forum), I posted the fax number and what you need to send.

MVP Gold typically requires 50k flown miles a year... so as a PLT, I'm not sure if they'd go ahead and put you there, or if they'd only give you MVP.

The status match took only a few days ^ I think I faxed the stuff on Saturday and upgraded my first flight on Monday night.

I've been very happy with my decision, particularly since it looks like a lot of my business travel over the next few months will actually be on AS metal.

One thing to be aware of is that they're only matching status till December of this year right now. So I'm scrambling in the last half of this year to at least get enough elite-qualifying miles for MVP. Luckily, I already have 97k EQMs on AA, so EXP requal is not a problem and I can throw some of my AA flights over to AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.