FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Why EXP Check-in in Biz line at DFW Term D? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/585681-why-exp-check-biz-line-dfw-term-d.html)

dfwexpx5 Aug 1, 2006 9:00 pm

Why EXP Check-in in Biz line at DFW Term D?

DFW Term D has EXP check-in with Biz Class not First - is this a new thing or unique to DFW?

Since the program rules say FC check-in lines for EXP (and OW Emerald) seems like this would create a lot of confusion if they tried to enforce it.

I haven't noticed this anywhere else, usually use OLCI so it doesn't typically effect me - this time though I was flying J and checking a bag (arrgh!).

alect Aug 1, 2006 9:02 pm

I think this was discussed when D first opened - gist being AA are trying to keep the First line to F only - but this is not in accordance with the rules, and could/should be challenged by an EXP.

I know I once used the F line and I wasn't even checking in - just re-issuing a paper ticket.

FlyerBeek Aug 1, 2006 10:19 pm

I would be pretty upset as an EXP if I was turned away from the F line at DFW. How can we complain about the same practice being done by other OW airlines at certain airports (BA in BOM comes to mind) when AA can't follow it's own rules for EXPs at its home airport of all places?

-FlyerBeek

JohnDCA Aug 1, 2006 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I would be pretty upset as an EXP if I was turned away from the F line at DFW. How can we complain about the same practice being done by other OW airlines at certain airports (BA in BOM comes to mind) when AA can't follow it's own rules for EXPs at its home airport of all places?

-FlyerBeek

How can you complain about the alleged practice if you haven't experienced it first hand should be the question.

brp Aug 1, 2006 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by JohnDCA
How can you complain about the alleged practice if you haven't experienced it first hand should be the question.

Sorry, why is that the question again? Poster is saying that s/he would complain if this were the case. Subjunctive. Never claimed to complain without experiencing it.

Cheers.

gemac Aug 1, 2006 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by JohnDCA

I have never had someone try to..., but I can tell you without any doubt that I would be pretty upset if that did happen.

oklAAhoma Aug 1, 2006 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by gemac
I have never had someone try to jam a pat of butter up my butt with a red-hot poker, but I can tell you without any doubt that I would be pretty upset if that did happen.

But, now that you are kinder and gentler, would you complain? Surely the new-and-improved you wouldn't risk offending that poker-wielding someone by actually expressing your upset at his/her (attempted) actions.

PresRDC Aug 2, 2006 7:19 am

While I suspect that I alone was not the reason this was done, it mirrors a suggestion I made to AA.

Before this was done, AA had one line for all F, J and elite pax in Terminal D. International F passengers should NEVER face a long line to check-in. I made the reccomendation that they create a separate line for International F passengers. While it should include EXPs (and I would have no hesitation to use it), the way it currently is arranged is far better than the old way.

When I am facing a 14 hour flight to NRT or KIX (and a connection to PVG), I do not expect to have to wait behind 100 Golds and people using miles to fly F to HNL.

ricktoronto Aug 2, 2006 7:22 am

I have never had someone try to jam a pat of butter up my butt with a red-hot poker, but I can tell you without any doubt that I would be pretty upset if that did happen.

The butter would evaporate on contact though. But you'd be right to be upset even without any dairy products.

Nachtswerg Aug 2, 2006 7:34 am

Well, as a lowly PLAT, I've gone through that line without a problem...

gemac Aug 2, 2006 7:55 am

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
But, now that you are kinder and gentler, would you complain? Surely the new-and-improved you wouldn't risk offending that poker-wielding someone by actually expressing your upset at his/her (attempted) actions.

Of course I would not complain. The new me would ask if I could be of assistance. :)

gemac Aug 2, 2006 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The butter would evaporate on contact though. But you'd be right to be upset even without any dairy products.

I did not assume that the individual in question came armed with only one pat of butter. :D

mikeef Aug 2, 2006 8:00 am

How have you been able to travel so much without getting SSSS'ed?

Mike

DCAstudent Aug 2, 2006 8:27 am

Maybe bringing it to the attention of the person in charge of alliances instead of just customer service (as seems to have been the route followed in the various other threads that have complained about DFW Terminal D as well as places like São Paulo GRU and Buenos Aires EZE not following OW check-in rules) would bring it to the right person's attention? I doubt CS bothers forwarding it, and the alliance/codesharing department at most airlines is usually very small, with its handful of employees also in charge of seemingly-unrelated issues (i.e. in one US carrier's case it is airport operations in a specific region of the world), so they can't stay on top of all the violations. I would assume the corporate HQ switchboard could give you a name to address a letter to.

ESpen36 Aug 2, 2006 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
Well, as a lowly PLAT, I've gone through that line without a problem...

Well, you are entitled to use "any First Class check-in position," according to the PLT Guide. The exception would be at ORD, where they separate Domestic F from International F, the latter being restricted to EXPs and pax flying in International F only.