Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Yum in the AA cockpit.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by ducky22
The fact that it is sitting on the controls?
I guess that's why most if not all commercial aircraft have built in cupholders in the cockpit. Airbus aircraft even have a pull out tray ala a pax seat in lieu of a standard yoke; perfect for setting a tray meal on.

You'd think if this were such an issue as you're making it out to be, airlines wouldn't allow food and drink in the cockpit. I'm sure the unions would love that, ehh?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by JonNYC
You can determine that based on their appearance?
Easily...

Boofy hair, too much make up, fading flower, 40-something Dallas based FA with long fingernails, recently divorced after being traded in for a later model, bitter man hater.

No way she even know how to turn on the oven...

After 26 years of years of living in DFW/AUS/DCA and dating several FA's over the years...it is not so hard to tell.

This particular type of women is endemic to Dallas...whether she is an FA or not.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DallasAudiGuy
Easily...

Boofy hair, too much make up, fading flower, 40-something Dallas based FA with long fingernails, recently divorced after being traded in for a later model, bitter man hater.

No way she even know how to turn on the oven...

After 26 years of years of living in DFW/AUS/DCA and dating several FA's over the years...it is not so hard to tell.

This particular type of women is endemic to Dallas...whether she is an FA or not.
I don't know how to break this to you, but, it doesn't sound like the woman you profile is actually the "bitter" one.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
To the original poster. "get a life!". People have to eat. With wars in the middle east, gas prices sky high global warming you are concerned about pilots eating!

Did you actually see them eating while the palne was inflight. I bet not. And even if you did so what. The systems you ware so concerned about are rendundant you know. Now if they had a 1/5 of scotch or a bud in the cockpit, yes you would have somethig to yap about. Bet you did not know quite a few airlines do not feed the crew, except for leftovers from the main service.

Look on a strictly factual basis people have to eat. If they do not they could get low blood sugar and fail to function at peak efficiency. Would you want a cockpit crew like that?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:22 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
I don't know how to break this to you, but, it doesn't sound like the woman you profile is actually the "bitter" one.
Jon Jon Jon .. be nice...

DallasAudiGuy is 6'7" and has been written up (15 minutes of fame post) as having issues with being on the 'no fly' list.

There are many profiles we can use. Dallas Hair, Mall Hair (for NJ), Valley Girl or ... insert local phrase here.

I enjoy predicting which FAs will burn the biscuits (or serve them raw) .. then again we have the issue with FAs who burn the nuts ... but that is another profile I will not be getting into at this point!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:47 pm

LOL!!

No... Jon...sit!

en·dem·ic Pronunciation (n-dmk)
adj.
1. Prevalent in or peculiar to a particular locality, region, or people

Since so many AA FA's are here in Dallas, and since so many of them seem to be on the right side of the seniority curve, I was only observing.

I am happily engaged to a wonderful woman. That type never interested me, but after being single in Dallas for 6 years, I can tell you that they are ENDEMIC to Dallas...

I wonder how many of the complaints about FA's posted here are the Dallas based ones I observe?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
Jon Jon Jon .. be nice...

DallasAudiGuy is 6'7" and has been written up (15 minutes of fame post) as having issues with being on the 'no fly' list.

There are many profiles we can use. Dallas Hair, Mall Hair (for NJ), Valley Girl or ... insert local phrase here.

I enjoy predicting which FAs will burn the biscuits (or serve them raw) .. then again we have the issue with FAs who burn the nuts ... but that is another profile I will not be getting into at this point!
That's right...being tall makes me big, dumb and mean!

And don't antagonize Jon...he will probably have me put back on the high security list
Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:55 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by DallasAudiGuy
That's right...being tall makes me big, dumb and mean!

And don't antagonize Jon...he will probably have me put back on the high security list
I did not say dumb!

Hey .. per your 15 minutes article .. you is a consultant which certainly makes you non-dumb.

Probably makes you expensive also!

Maybe you should post your next few international trips .. so we know when a flight gets diverted that you are on it is because of your no-fly status!??
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
I did not say dumb!

Hey .. per your 15 minutes article .. you is a consultant which certainly makes you non-dumb.

Probably makes you expensive also!

Maybe you should post your next few international trips .. so we know when a flight gets diverted that you are on it is because of your no-fly status!??
If I'm so smart, why did I give out my full name on the air, and not have FT up on the screen?

And why don't I change my name to JonDFW?

And I deny that consultancy in any way is an indicator of intelligence...

Next OCONUS trips are DFW-LAX-HNL next week Then DFW-FRA and DFW-KIX-OKA in September

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.