brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
And people wonder why we're sometimes less then pleasant on certain threads

SPCCR and out.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Platinum
Unfortunately budget restraints at AA have continued to delay the implementation of the apparently much needed pilot's intravenous cockpit feeding program.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by brp
And people wonder why we're sometimes less then pleasant on certain threads
You do know that this thread was started in BA last night (not AA), and one of the moderators there must have decided it would be a better fit here and moved it to AA?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN Fan; UA 1K
finally

>>I was on an AA flight yesterday from LAS to DFW and was stunned when I looked forward towards the cockpit. The crew had clearly just nipped to burger king and decided to munch on it in the cockpit.

Am I crazy to find this highly irresponsible?? I know they have to eat but surely.........<<

this wins as the most ridiculous posting ever...by signifigant margin.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yup. I'll just take an exemption to say one thing:

What a stupid thread.

That's all for now.
I know..

That BK in LAS is NASTY!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Originally Posted by brp
SPCCR and out.

Cheers.
Okay. I'm not going to argue about your right to post snide comments because I'll just get flamed anyway. I understand your frustration. But, at least let the newbies acquire the skills to be snide, too. I looked in the glossary but didn't find SPCCR. What does it mean? Please PM me if explaining it here would be a violation of TOS.

BTW, I wish you guys would be nicer to newbies but I learn so much from you that I am not about to complain.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by workandski
..But, at least let the newbies acquire the skills to be snide, too. I looked in the glossary but didn't find SPCCR. What does it mean?
DO A SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding! (But actually, a search would work...)
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by dfwdal
Unfortunately budget restraints at AA have continued to delay the implementation of the apparently much needed pilot's intravenous cockpit feeding program.
Despite the spccr advice..... (I had to look it up to see what it meant)

TWA flight ops produced a humorous training video post 9/11 on what life in the cockpit looked like now. The first officer had an IV bag of sprite, but was promised mountain dew for the return. A toaster oven was in the middle for heating food, and a change machine which was inop. The punch line at the end was the Captain looking down between his legs stating "Oh No - My catheter fell out." When I saw it, I wondered why they were spending money on something like that.

Every so often airlines alert the flight crews to the mx expense incurred due to spilled liquids on the center pedestal, with a request to be more careful.

A few years ago SWA implemented a policy that all beverages for the pilots were to be served in styrofoam cups with sippy lids attached. So, no more cans of water, etc. This policy did not last long.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:21 pm
TR35R

Okay... What are we supposed to discuss here?
All B757s/MDs should equip a cup holder in the cockpit? AA should prohibit DK?

Originally Posted by tom911
You do know that this thread was started in BA last night (not AA), and one of the moderators there must have decided it would be a better fit here and moved it to AA?

Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CTPremEx
Is this a wind-up? If you've ever seen a flightdeck after a busy day, the coffee/soda spills, food crumbs etc are no worse than your avg office.

As far as "controls" - hardly - the food appears to be sitting on the Capt's audio controls (and maybe the ADF - hardly critical for today's 767s). In any case, there is a duplicate set on the other side (F/Os).
Exactly. It's a jet airplane, not the control panel of the Springfield Nuclear Plant.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Originally Posted by JonNYC
DO A SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding! (But actually, a search would work...)
Okay, I found it. Lesson learned.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by workandski
Okay, I found it. Lesson learned.
But I hope you understand I was about 95% kidding.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I can tell you from personal experience that a FAM standing nearby would have had something to say about a passenger trying to snag a sneak photo of the cockpit. (sure, sure, there's tons of cockpit photos on-line, ....but...)
Old Jul 22, 2006, 5:28 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
On the 'other side' of the fast food debate .. I have seen FAs bring 'goodies' onboard and then offer them to the cockpit crew (and the other FAs). One FA who barely looked capable of cooking biscuits on a breakfast flight brought in a whole stack of Chocolate Chip Cookies and was proudly handing them out to the crew.

I wonder what else she was handing out ..but that is another thread ...
Old Jul 22, 2006, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JGR01
..One FA who barely looked capable of cooking biscuits on a breakfast flight..
You can determine that based on their appearance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.