Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Non-Existent LAN award availability - Is it true or a Sabre problem?

Non-Existent LAN award availability - Is it true or a Sabre problem?

Old Jul 28, 2006, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajacpril
When did this happen?
I think you know the answer to both components of that question.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 7:38 am

FWIW, SYD-SCL is a very difficult route to get, in any class, as an award or a purchased ticket, especially November to March. I know of people who couldn't *purchase* a R/T in Y for travel during the southern summer, even though they started inquiring 4 months ahead of time. The limited capacity might be the major problem here (max weekly frequency is 6 flights, less during southern winter).
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:26 am

Phew!
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I think you know the answer to both components of that question.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Titanium
I'm bumping this thread because I currently find myself in this exact situation. I'm seeing business class award availability on lan.com for their AKL-SCL flight, but AA tells me they cannot see it.

Has anyone had success in getting AA to call the LAN and/or oneworld liason and having award seats released? Enquiring minds want to know.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Originally Posted by monster
Has anyone had success in getting AA to call the LAN and/or oneworld liason and having award seats released? Enquiring minds want to know.
Well, yes and no. I had AA queue a request to the TN liason for our PPT trip, but I also emailed TN directly. That request bounced around a bit but when it finally got to the Air Tahiti Nui people in the US (who called me) and they could see the request (though it hadn't been acted upon). The TN person explained why they would not have been able to release the seat (there are only 6 Fs on the A340), so they only release one per flight at most.

In the mean time, a A- seat appears on the day I wanted so I grabbed it for my wife.

So, yes, I've had requests queued and no, it didn't do any good.

-----Burton
Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
On the SCL-AKL-SYD flight I have often found availability under the QF code share number when there was no availability showing for LA itself. It's worth looking into.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ajnaro
On the SCL-AKL-SYD flight I have often found availability under the QF code share number when there was no availability showing for LA itself. It's worth looking into.

But can only be booked with QANTAS FF points I believe- correct me if I am wrong.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:43 am

Just as a data point Lanpass is showing availability for award flights in Business Class SYD-SCL on 16 days in December. Aadvantage has no availability and the BA search tool shows no availability on LA for all of December on that route.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Anyone else experience problems with finding LAN availability using AA miles in the past week or so? Spent about 15-20 mins working on an itinerary this morning that appeared to be available, then as we tried to finalize it the agent said that there were problems on LAN's side and could not be booked. The agent then said she was sending a message to LAN's liason to confirm. When I called back this afternoon, the agent I spoke to said that there was no availability. I was going to wait a day before calling back.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:41 pm

Having same problem with BA miles

FWIW....same issue. Zero availability out of SCL for any dates through the end of the year using BA miles. Spent a while on the phone with the rep, but couldn't figure it out. I'll call back again tomorrow.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Anyone else experience problems with finding LAN availability using AA miles in the past week or so? Spent about 15-20 mins working on an itinerary this morning that appeared to be available, then as we tried to finalize it the agent said that there were problems on LAN's side and could not be booked. The agent then said she was sending a message to LAN's liason to confirm. When I called back this afternoon, the agent I spoke to said that there was no availability. I was going to wait a day before calling back.
Originally Posted by nuchio10
FWIW....same issue. Zero availability out of SCL for any dates through the end of the year using BA miles. Spent a while on the phone with the rep, but couldn't figure it out. I'll call back again tomorrow.
SFOTurtle->Kudos on using search and pulling up a thread from... ...2006/2007

On BA.com I could see some LAN availability:

14:00 27 Oct 20:45 27 Oct Mataveri Intl (Chile) Santiago (Chile) LA0842 Lan Chile Economy Direct flight, total journey time: 04 hours 45 minutes.

14:00 3 Nov 20:45 3 Nov Mataveri Intl (Chile) Santiago (Chile) LA0842 Lan Chile Economy Direct flight, total journey time: 04 hours 45 minutes.

(although a month ago there was availability SCL-IPC-SCL virtually every day)
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rrgg
I think this is true in general. The airline holding your miles will offer additional award seats on their flights, on top of what oneworld partners are given.
My understanding is that oneworld now has full mileage reciprocity. The only difference are issues caused by POS, and obviously extra products like 'anytime awards' and their derivatives.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.